Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 07:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 08:59 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)

ORIGINAL: richmod

I know how I'm spending my labor day weekend - installing my JLT CAI/B ama tunes and doing the Tube Mod. Life is good!
Just finished that exact setup earlier today. All I can say is people were not exagerating.
It's awesome!!! I think I'll do that mod too. I'm currently using a "spacer". But, if it
works similar to a "dimmer" switch...then by using the spacer method would be like
a light going from dark to medium dim instead of low dim to medium dim. Just like
the dimmer switch in my room right now. Tube's method is smoother.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:05 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grampa_stang

ORIGINAL: richmod

I know how I'm spending my labor day weekend - installing my JLT CAI/B ama tunes and doing the Tube Mod. Life is good!
Just finished that exact setup earlier today. All I can say is people were not exagerating.
It's awesome!!! I think I'll do that mod too. I'm currently using a "spacer". But, if it
works similar to a "dimmer" switch...then by using the spacer method would be like
a light going from dark to medium dim instead of low dim to medium dim. Just like
the dimmer switch in my room right now. Tube's method is smoother.
Where is the spacer exactly? Edit - nevermind, read your earlier post.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:10 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Hmmm, I've been lurking in the backround all day in this thread. There is concern among some of a too sensitive throttle and perhaps running into someone or something like your garage. If there are 6 strips and the ECU takes the average of them, it would seem to follow that if you straightened only 3, you would have a near perfect setup and sensitivity, no?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:19 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

If you're not comfortable with bending the wires, you could accomplish the same thing by:

- blocking the very end on the groove in which the white bracket that holds the wires rotates (red circle in picture) OR
- attaching some sort of solid spacer (plastic) in the area of the blue lines in the picture.

Either one of these options would accomplish the same thing - stop the white bracket from returning to it's original start position, thus moving the wires off the non-sensitive part of the strip. I also think that these are easier than bolting up some sort of spacer under the pedal.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26924/772210A251CB468EB6AC643DE18B804F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-31-2007, 09:19 PM
doctorj77
2nd Gear Member

I too was watching this all day. For the people concerned about running intosomethinglike your garage, or worse, somebody, is it really plausable to say this mod would increase your chances of that? I guess it just boils down to responsible driving, as in keeping your foot on the brake when starting out. But I don't see this mod making our cars a definate runaway. I personally feel I have a greater chance of being hit by a drunk driver in MI that this.

Anyway, just my .02, people may or may not agree with this. But I will be doing this mod Sunday.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:26 PM
chays446
2nd Gear Member

im about to attempt this,,but do i make all of them straight?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chays446

im about to attempt this,,but do i make all of them straight?
I did. All wires on all six wipers. Just have good, flat pliers (no teeth).
Old 08-31-2007, 09:41 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

upon further evaluation.....the throttle is SUPER sensitive now......too sensitive....the "wrench" icon on my dash came on after driving it for like 20 mins...im going to take it apart tomorrow morning i think if i dont get around to it tonight......im thinking that not all the wires are completely flush with one another which is causing the sparatic pumps in acceleration when i'm holding a steady speed.......but you guys keep in mind i have the Rev 4 and i have had no complaints yet about the Rev 1 card yet
Old 08-31-2007, 09:51 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Can you atleast go read the code that came with the light?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:02 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: adidasUNT8

upon further evaluation.....the throttle is SUPER sensitive now......too sensitive....the "wrench" icon on my dash came on after driving it for like 20 mins...im going to take it apart tomorrow morning i think if i dont get around to it tonight......im thinking that not all the wires are completely flush with one another which is causing the sparatic pumps in acceleration when i'm holding a steady speed.......but you guys keep in mind i have the Rev 4 and i have had no complaints yet about the Rev 1 card yet
Yikes, that aint good. I had a rental Mariner this week while my stang was at the dealer that did that sporadic acceleration pumping - highly annoying. Wouldn't want that in the stang.

Perhaps I'll try one of the alternative methods I mentioned in my post above so I don't have to mess with the wires.

Quick Reply: DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)