Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 07:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:26 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)

Now you have convinced mom and dad that the 5 speed v6 was cheeper...

any how back on topic.. Sorry Tube
Old 09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
tube
2nd Gear Member

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:13 AM
tube
2nd Gear Member

It appears I've found the manufacturer of the DBW circuit!

We should call them and see what they think about this brush bending.

http://www.pvi.co.uk/products/drive/drive.html
Old 09-02-2007, 12:16 AM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

This is just a guess but I would say theres a pretty damn good chance they will tell us to leave the circuit alone.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:18 AM
tube
2nd Gear Member

I was being sarcastic about calling them.....
Old 09-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tube
...maybe you shouldn't be driving! I think most people (evident in this thread)...
LOL, how true. You are talking about a "supposed" problem with "some" S197s at IDLE. IDLE! Look it up brainiac. If you cannot get over this (what you call) "lag", then buy an electric car and tear up the highways.

As far as the supposed "Hater" haters go, get a life or keep chasing the lemmings over the cliff. More owners will read this and understand it's a crock than will actually do it and state that their n/a 4.0 feels like a supercharged GT. Internet forums DO NOT add RWHP. If you disagree, that's fine. But post some numbers up and back up your claims if this mod is "all that". Just trying to save some of you from forum-induced head-aches.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

...maybe someone could add this to a How To?
Yeah, like getting advice in the LS1 owner section.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:46 AM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mister Roper

...maybe you shouldn't be driving! I think most people (evident in this thread)...
LOL, how true. You are talking about a "supposed" problem with "some" S197s at IDLE. IDLE! Look it up brainiac. If you cannot get over this (what you call) "lag", then buy an electric car and tear up the highways.

As far as the supposed "Hater" haters go, get a life or keep chasing the lemmings over the cliff. More owners will read this and understand it's a crock than will actually do it and state that their n/a 4.0 feels like a supercharged GT. Internet forums DO NOT add RWHP. If you disagree, that's fine. But post some numbers up and back up your claims if this mod is "all that". Just trying to save some of you from forum-induced head-aches.
This fix has nothing to do with adding RWHP. it's about removing a dead zone in the gas pedel that some not all but some S197's have. this is a mod that is not recomended for all to do and may not be needed. but some of us have a dead zone in the gas pedel. now if you refer to the supensionthunking post on this froum you will see that it took frod a very long time to come out with a TSB to fix the problem. so if only a few of the people that have the gas pedel problem go to the dealers the will just say well it's normal.. BS it's not normal... i was starting to think about selling my car because of this problem but now i'm enjoying it after i did this fix.. now if more people come forward that have the problem then may be we can get ford to come out with a TSB that addresses the problem. but till then with my background in cars and computers if i can fix it on my own i will and if i have to go to the dealer to get somthing fixed then i will.. I just see any reason to knock Tube for starting a post that has help some of us with a gas pedel problem.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:56 AM
tube
2nd Gear Member

I guess some people are just d-bags who make it their goal to ruin everyone's day.

I did some more research, it appears only 07's and 08's have this newer "REV 1" board (which is actually newer than the "REV 4" board made by PVI. It also apears the board made by PVI didn't have any tolerance or dead space issures (my 06 explorer has the PVI "REV 4" board and it has no dead space) so this mod is really only good for those that have the "REV 1.0" circuit board.

This explains all the difference with some people having a huge dead space, and some not, etc...
Old 09-02-2007, 10:13 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I guess some people are just d-bags who make it their goal to ruin everyone's day.

I did some more research, it appears only 07's and 08's have this newer "REV 1" board (which is actually newer than the "REV 4" board made by PVI. It also apears the board made by PVI didn't have any tolerance or dead space issures (my 06 explorer has the PVI "REV 4" board and it has no dead space) so this mod is really only good for those that have the "REV 1.0" circuit board.

This explains all the difference with some people having a huge dead space, and some not, etc...
This is good to know...I think you should maybe include some of the paint drawings that acrokat did and the finding about the 2 different boards on the front page post.....this is needed info and its 19 pages into the post....also posting the pics of the rev 4 and rev 1 board would be good too.

Quick Reply: DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)