Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How soon when the discounts hit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Jeffn

Default How soon when the discounts hit?

Not that I resent see ing Ford stealers finally making a $$ on a car but how soon ya think before we see "Save $1000 this weekend only" slathered on 05 GT windshields? Kills me to pay msrp or more(never happen!) on a car I need/want now.

And what are the bugs/problems lots of people are saying will be worked out in 06?
Old 02-14-2005, 02:39 AM
karazuba
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How soon when the discounts hit?

my bet? no discounts on the GT until at least the summer. These boards are still full of people who have just ordered and are waiting 3+ months for delivery. I suspect that with the convertibles hitting showrooms this (?) month, demand for the GT will lessen somewhat...but not to the point where discounts are being offered.

An aside--a local dealer was advertising 6 cyl for under MSRP a few weeks ago. While most dealers will negotiate, I don't see published discounts for awhile.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:20 AM
titaniumGT
1st Gear Member

You'll find 6 cylinders with discounts by summer.....i don't think you'll see any discounts on the GT until the 06's come out (if there are any 05 GT's left!), these things are selling like hotcakes!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Took me two months, and over ten dealers to get one to honor the X-Plan discount (discount given to Ford company suppliers). At least the cars aren't in the mid $30K's to begin with. I am with you though, at least get under MSRP a bit. I have seen only one dealership have an 05 more that a week on there lot, and it has snowed a bit here even last week. That car has been priced at $3500.00 over MSRP. I think they just want one in the showroom to let the customers see. Not, sure.

Good luck with your hunt.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:18 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

yeah, alot of dealerships will jack up the price to keep one there. they had one at ted britt for a long time and someone kept saying "i'll give you this for it, i'll give you this, i'll give you this." they ended up selling the thing for 35k. the cheapest place to buy an 05 GT around here is ted britt at 2k markup over MSRP.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:52 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

yeah, alot of dealerships will jack up the price to keep one there. they had one at ted britt for a long time and someone kept saying "i'll give you this for it, i'll give you this, i'll give you this." they ended up selling the thing for 35k. the cheapest place to buy an 05 GT around here is ted britt at 2k markup over MSRP.
May want to try Koons Ford in Falls Church if they have any left. I used to deal with them when I was in that area. Never go to Tedd Britt, they are the areas biggest rip offs. Their cutomer service sucks. Never had a bad deal or bad customer service at Koons.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:17 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i know not to go to ted britt now. they took me through the ringer. their customer service talks to each other like you aren't there. meaning they talk bad about you and make you sound like a piece of trash right in front of you. the only reason i go to ted britt now is it's right up the street from me. i like to see what cars are out and possibly test drive them there.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:23 PM
roboha

AS SOON AS PEOPLE STOP PAYING THE PRICE AND THEY HAVE MORE THAN 6 GT'S ON THE LOT THE DISCOUNT WILL BE EVERY WHERE. BUT WHY DISCOUNT CAR THAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR I GAVE MY DEALER $ 500 OVER INVOICE ON A FACTORY ORDER! JUST WAITING TO GET THE STUPID THING AND IF TRIES TO SHAFT ME WHEN ITS HERE HE WILL GET SUED I HAVE A SIGNED BUYERS ORDER AND A 1500 DEPOSIT. WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN APRIL WHEN THE CAR ARRIVES
Old 02-14-2005, 04:39 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: roboha

AS SOON AS PEOPLE STOP PAYING THE PRICE AND THEY HAVE MORE THAN 6 GT'S ON THE LOT THE DISCOUNT WILL BE EVERY WHERE. BUT WHY DISCOUNT CAR THAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR I GAVE MY DEALER $ 500 OVER INVOICE ON A FACTORY ORDER! JUST WAITING TO GET THE STUPID THING AND IF TRIES TO SHAFT ME WHEN ITS HERE HE WILL GET SUED I HAVE A SIGNED BUYERS ORDER AND A 1500 DEPOSIT. WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN APRIL WHEN THE CAR ARRIVES
Good luck with that law suit.....but in order for someone to have a snowball's chance, you'd have to prove you were somehow materially hurth. A signed buyers order means nothing. If he can't get you the car you want, the deposit will just be returned to you. That being the case, no one will have been materially hurt....lawsuit thrown out because it had no merit. And, depending upon your state law, the dealer may be able to sue you for legal fees from bringing a frivolous law suite against them.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:02 PM
titaniumGT
1st Gear Member

I don't understand why everyone is getting ripped off so bad and taking it. ****, i mean, there are no mark ups at my dealership and when i ordered my GT i got A-plan! Of course you can NOT get A/X/Z plan on any cars (except for 6 cylinders) on the lot. It depends how long you're willing to wait. Personally, i think that i have a bit of patience. I got rid of my 04 SVT focus in October and placed an order for the new 2005 Chevy Cobalt SS that same month. I'd waited and researched as much on it as i could and hoping it got an LSD option. It was said it didn't so i cancelled my order and went straight up to ford and placde my order for a GT. That was the end of January, beginning of February. Order was put into the computer on Feb. 7.

Quick Reply: How soon when the discounts hit?