Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Tire today, anyone know qabout warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Default Blown Tire today, anyone know qabout warranty??

So I was driving home from school today and bamn my tire blows out and I was freaked out but i calmly slowed down and got to the side of the road. Changed the damn tire and drove another 3 hours on that stupid spare tire! that sucked!!

So my question is does anyone know about warranties on tires? I bought the set of pirelli tires from a GT owner on this website and he said it didnt even have 20,000 miles on them yet and I havent even put 5,000 miles on them yet. The tire is completely gone there is about an inch of tire on each side of the rim and the rest is on the side of the road.

Please let me know anything you guys think I should do or what you did in the past.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2007, 06:08 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Blown Tire today, anyone know qabout warranty??

You bought a used set of tires and you want a warranty? Buy a replacement and move on.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:34 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

No warranty there. +1 on buying a new one.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Ouch, I think your are out of luck. No way to verify the true mileage on the used tires, not to mention you are not the original owner.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Warhead711

As a guy who spent 15 years in the wholesale tire business and dealing directly with manufacturers I can tell you that your best hope is to go to the dealer and explain what happened, and hope they cut you a deal. Without the tread there is no proof of how much wear was on the tire first of all, so an adjustment rate cannot be calculated. It's going to be a "good will" adjustment, maybe 25% to 50% off if you are lucky.

Ask nicely and explain yourself, then ask for help. In my opinion if they do not help you there is truly no reason to complain though.

Best of luck - Warren
Old 09-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Warhead711

And by the way, I mean a FORD dealer and not an independent tire dealer. Ford is in the tire business now and has an interest on both sides of this fence in POSSIBLY helping you. Most independent dealers won't do much with a situation like this.

Warren
Old 09-13-2007, 10:23 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

just get another one from newtakeoff or something lol
Old 09-14-2007, 02:12 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

did the blow damage anything else, the wheel well or rim? Were you under wot?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:45 AM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

The way tires are manufactured today they dont just blow anymore. Most likely something puncured it and rapidly let the air out. When this happens you then ride on the sidewall which is what destroyed the tire and most likely left 2 rings of rubber on the wheel. I have been selling tires for over 15 years and I see this all the time. Warrantys only cover manufacturer defects, this is why some tire companys offer replacement warrantys at an additional charge. This charge is usuall the cost of 2 tires; the way for a shop to make money on it but it will atleast give you a new tire...
Old 09-15-2007, 03:28 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate all your help.

I kinda figured I will just have to buy new tire or tires but I figured I would ask you guys first since I always get good advice on here. I will try the dealership and see what they say and then maybe call pirelli and tell them my situation and see what happens.

There is no way anything would of punctured it because I was on the highway and it deff just blew up there was no air letting out then blew because I just filled the air to the correct air volume like a week ago and that one was the only one that was still perfect, figure that out!!

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Quick Reply: Blown Tire today, anyone know qabout warranty??