Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gotta get rid of the car

Old 09-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Default RE: gotta get rid of the car

ORIGINAL: ssimaniac

Damn you guys are rough on the kid. I wish everyone would stop playing the parent role around here and answer his question. This isn't your kid, and your opinion on what kind of 4-Cylinder car he should drive won't really matter. It's up to HIS parents to decide.

He asked you a question, so answer it. Otherwise just let it go. He does have to go through things alone in his life to figure them out on his own. If he speeds, he pays in fines. You can only speed so much until they take your license away. Let life teach him, because he sure as hell won't listen to us.

On Topic now,

I'd get the Evo. 4 Wheel drive, stable car, pleanty of power and you will get a few looks. STI is too clunky and just ugly IMO.

Enjoy whatever you decide to do and good luck.
I was thinking the same thing, I'm 17 and i dont have a roush but i've got a V6 and it doesnt matter what you have you can always drive faster than the speed limit.

I like that idea of the new BMW, it looks sick, but if you cant wait that long, I always liked the looks of an EVO, it's a nice looking car
Old 09-15-2007, 08:40 AM
bmk
2nd Gear Member

my first car was a v6 mustang and i got more tickets and warnings in that thing than my v8 mustang.

if your mom says its too loud, just get stock exhaust or something and paint the car a different color. or trade the roush in for a v6 or maybe even a v8. but it seems to me you dont even care that your prescious car is being taken away. i would fight to the death for my mustang. maybe you dont deserve it
Old 09-15-2007, 09:17 AM
bcstang
2nd Gear Member

i am 21, and had a fox bodt gt with 380 rwhp for about two years then traded it in a year ago for my new 05 gt. i have never gotten a speeding ticket, on the other hand i have a friend with a firebird f1 and he has like $2000 in tickets last year, he also has a pos bronco and got tons of tickets in it aswell. its all about the driver, if your getting tickets in your mustang, youll get them in any car you drive
Old 09-15-2007, 09:32 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Its not the cars fault, its driver error. No car will keep you out of trouble, only you can.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Thunderbutt

Momma's boy.
Stop whining and get a job!!
Stop being stupid by driving like an idiot.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:30 PM
tube
2nd Gear Member

I learned my lesson the hard way.

16 year old + fast car = tickets, accidents, suspended licenses, etc...

My parents bought me a supercharged car before I even had my license. Needless to say, it wasn't long until I totalled that... Next was a turbocharged 12 second car.. lasted 6 months.

After that I decided I needed to really look at the root cause.

Now that I'm older and realize how stupid I was when I was 16, thinking I was the best driver in the WORLD and smarter than all the cops...

If you had any shred of maturity, you would get a non performance car and take some performance driving courses. Wait until you're 18 or 21 and then get something with 300hp.

If you get an STi or an EVO, it will be a few weeks, maybe months, until you post pictures of it totalled.

Even people with driving experience do dumb **** and crash cars, just look at Nick Hogan's son...
Old 09-15-2007, 04:41 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

You're 16! No matter what you drive it will be expensive. Maybe a little less expensive without the Mustang but still expensive. Your parents should've researched insurance costs on the car before they bought it for you if it's that bad. Short of buying a Kia you'll have to pay to play!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:58 PM
26roush06
1st Gear Member

My parents will by me an evo or sti as long as insurance will cover me. I learned my lesson with my accident to I dont speed no more its been like that since my accident 5 months ago. I just wanted to know what your opinions were about the car. But I shall see what happens and get the car my parents get me.

ORIGINAL: tube

I learned my lesson the hard way.

16 year old + fast car = tickets, accidents, suspended licenses, etc...

My parents bought me a supercharged car before I even had my license. Needless to say, it wasn't long until I totalled that... Next was a turbocharged 12 second car.. lasted 6 months.

After that I decided I needed to really look at the root cause.

Now that I'm older and realize how stupid I was when I was 16, thinking I was the best driver in the WORLD and smarter than all the cops...

If you had any shred of maturity, you would get a non performance car and take some performance driving courses. Wait until you're 18 or 21 and then get something with 300hp.

If you get an STi or an EVO, it will be a few weeks, maybe months, until you post pictures of it totalled.

Even people with driving experience do dumb **** and crash cars, just look at Nick Hogan's son...
Old 09-15-2007, 04:58 PM
26roush06
1st Gear Member

HAHA I dont know why you gotta call me a mommas boy you make it seem like if your parents said they will buy you a car you would say no. The thing I dont get is why are people so mad at me for wanting to get a car like an evo or sti or even having a roush. My family did it for me so it shouldnt matter if they did it because is it going to affect you?? Everyone makes it seem like they wouldnt take the car of there choice if there parents would buy it for them.

ORIGINAL: Thunderbutt

Momma's boy.
Stop whining and get a job!!
Stop being stupid by driving like an idiot.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:25 PM
tube
2nd Gear Member

Dude you didn't learn anything.

I wrecked a brand new Cobalt SS supercharged and claimed I learned my lesson so I got a 12 second WRX.

GUESS WHAT

Wrecked that too.

Three years later I have my Mustang, with much more experience, performance driving school, and actually making my OWN payments on it.

Just because you drove like an idiot once, got into an accident, and now you don't "speed anymore" and claim you've learned your lesson and can handle a car with NO experience just proves your future.

I'm LIVING PROOF that it's a TERRIBLE idea to give a 16 year old a car with more than 200hp.

No one here is going to support your terrible idea of getting an EVO or an STi.

That's like me posting saying "Hey guys, I'm going to try to drive my Mustang the wrong way on a highway at night with no headlights on, and hope to make it." People are going to go "You're F-ing crazy" just like they're saying to you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gotta get rid of the car