Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems Starting/Not starting....?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Problems Starting/Not starting....?

Hey guys;

Not once have I ever had problems with this car starting it always gives me a simple quick turn of the key and the car starts, but yesterday after work when I got into my car it hesitated to start and it did. I drove to my girlfriends (15 minute ride) parked my car when I was ready to go home last night it did it again.... and it started. Now this morning it was completely dead I had to hook it up to my Dad's car and charge it now the windows won't stay up, as soon as they go up they automatically go down and I can't use the cool automatic roll-up feature for the passanger window. I have to keep the controller up the whole time....

Now my Dad is telling me "You hooked up too many electronics on your car and you're draining the battery" but all I have is an Alpine 2DIN player I have a raptor but it isn't hooked up at all, I do have a Speed of Sound switch panel but I haven't used it in weeks..... Could it be the alternator that's not charging the battery or the battery that's not keeping charge? Either way my car isn't 2 years old and it's already doing this? [:@]

-DG
Old 09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Problems Starting/Not starting....?

somehow i'm thinking this is related
to the raptor install that went sideways.
not sure, but either the pcm got damaged
(we hope not) or there is an electrical
gremlin still present

Old 09-20-2007, 10:35 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Check if your stereo stays on. I believe theres a TSB on that.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:37 AM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

If it just started now and those add-ons have been there, then it could just be a dead/dying battery (or dead cell) or the alternator beginning to go south. Start with the easy stuff like this. "When you hear hoofbeats in the distance, think horses, not zebras..."
Old 09-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah you might be right but I highly doubt the PCM got damaged, after that issue I took it to the dealership and all that was wrong is the coil got fried... They replaced it and I was outta there in less than an hour. And remember this was about a week ago and for this whole time I haven't had any problems until last night [&:]

-DG
Old 09-20-2007, 10:38 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: Daniel06GT

Hey guys;

Not once have I ever had problems with this car starting it always gives me a simple quick turn of the key and the car starts, but yesterday after work when I got into my car it hesitated to start and it did. I drove to my girlfriends (15 minute ride) parked my car when I was ready to go home last night it did it again.... and it started. Now this morning it was completely dead I had to hook it up to my Dad's car and charge it now the windows won't stay up, as soon as they go up they automatically go down and I can't use the cool automatic roll-up feature for the passanger window. I have to keep the controller up the whole time....

Now my Dad is telling me "You hooked up too many electronics on your car and you're draining the battery" but all I have is an Alpine 2DIN player I have a raptor but it isn't hooked up at all, I do have a Speed of Sound switch panel but I haven't used it in weeks..... Could it be the alternator that's not charging the battery or the battery that's not keeping charge? Either way my car isn't 2 years old and it's already doing this? [:@]

-DG
Check the voltage with the motor not running
verses running. It should be 14.4V or so running
to indicate that the alternator is somewhat working.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

It sounds similar to what happened to me, but I don't have any after market electrical things.

But I haven't tried jump starting my car yet, I plan on doing that in a few hours.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banka87

Check if your stereo stays on. I believe theres a TSB on that.

Correct me if I'm wrong?
Elaborate please
Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saltzy

If it just started now and those add-ons have been there, then it could just be a dead/dying battery (or dead cell) or the alternator beginning to go south. Start with the easy stuff like this. "When you hear hoofbeats in the distance, think horses, not zebras..."
I gotta get my 20,000 mile check up so i'll be heading to the dealership tomorrow 1st thing in the morning... It just sucks because i'm at work with jumper cables on the passangers seat..... and i hate asking people to jump my car [:@]

-DG
Old 09-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Daniel06GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ringo01

It sounds similar to what happened to me, but I don't have any after market electrical things.

But I haven't tried jump starting my car yet, I plan on doing that in a few hours.
Did yours just start doing that out of the blue too??

-DG

Quick Reply: Problems Starting/Not starting....?