Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoke with Ford factory rep

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Danko

Default RE: Spoke with Ford factory rep

Maybe not but that Ford rep lady sounds like a spin doctor/politician. Blaming the dealers is just plain wrong for her to do. DUMB!
Old 02-19-2005, 08:58 PM
excalibur

Sorry Guys, don't get your hopes up for delivery; the Ford Repr did not
say 2005 GT Mustangs- she maybe refering to the v-6's they are all
over4 the Dealers lots.
What does a 13 priority mean??? Is a low number better or worse????

Thanks Excalibur
Old 02-19-2005, 09:06 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

I don't know about a new Shaker head unit but I've already had mine replaced once (ate two of my disks). The new one skipped before I got two miles from the dealership and when I got the car to the garage the same Bad Disc error occured again.

I'll wait for the TSB until I go again. Other than this issue I love the car.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:33 AM
Earl
1st Gear Member

Damn Ford and their covertness....

I think there is a fix for the Shaker problem.

Read this thread:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=16276

I did the self test on my Shaker 500 and sure enough, it is an A version.

I'm going into the dealership with this info Monday and they are going to keep putting a unit into my car until it says B on the selftest - I won't even drive it off the damn lot till that happens.

Earl
Old 02-20-2005, 01:47 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

I can certainly understand walking into the dealership and seeing the car you can live with and buying it on the spot.

For me, I've been lied to by so many dealers about "X" plan on an in stock GT that I decided to get exactly what I wanted and save $2K to boot by ordering under X plan. I ordered the first part of Feb and should take delivery the end of March. It's worth it to me.

The factory rep could have been doing some spin, but I've seen tons of V6s on dealer's lots with IUP that I believe her.

If IUP is the problem, then it should be a problem for every Mustang, not just the GTs.

Personally, I think the dealers would rather get in stock units in first so they can add their adendum stickers on them to make more money with walk in business.

Truth told, I could have bought X plan at a local dealer for a silver GT with IUP and INT Color ACCNT package that they had in stock (this is in OH). But, I didn't want Silver. Not that it wasn't a pretty car, though.

I think if you live outside of an area that has Ford plants, it may be more difficult to get your order for no other fact that they don't have to worry about a large customer base who are Ford employees (or friends and family of Ford employees). Around here, I'd say a high percentage of business for a dealer comes from Ford employees and their sponsorship of friends and family purchases. If a dealer in the southern or northern part of the state gets a reputation for not servicing their Ford employee customer base, they won't stay in business very long.

In other parts of the country, it sounds like the dealers are "playing" their customers to extract the most $$$$ out of them for the Mustang.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

I agree with your point about dealers being reluctant to plan cars in an area of high plan users. I only get X-plan here in Indy, but there are over 10,000 of us where I work. Not to mention a ford truck engine plant (I think it is still here). Anyway, most wanted me to order an X-Plan car, so they could get the high $$ for inventory. I did luck out on an 05, that was to be delivered the next day.

Enjoy that Mustang!!
Old 02-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the information I enjoyed reading it and yes I have problems with my shaker. It has been replaced once and still rewinds sometimes . I have the most problems with it when the vehicle is still cold . After it warms up for the most part it stays o.k. My buddy eagle who also post here on this website is now having problems with his.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:52 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

From what we're hearing, Ford has a fix, although none of us know what it is. But, there is a "b" version of the shakers that is supposed to take care of the issue. Go to your dealer and ask for a "ver b" shaker for replacement.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:26 PM
bztz4m
2nd Gear Member

How do you do a self test on the Shaker 500 to find out which version you have?
Old 02-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Mag108

thanks for the heads up with the slef test, I will make sure mine says B and if not I am not leaving the lot till it gets fixed.

Thanks,
Marcos[sm=groupwave.gif]

Quick Reply: Spoke with Ford factory rep