Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some more help guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:49 PM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

Default Need some more help guys

Ok I am finally getting to the point of owning a stang. I have been trying to make things work out for the last few months and it looks like its gonna pay off. Now my question is I was looking at the new07's and I was trying to stay in the 23k range so that pretty much means I would be looking at a no bells and whistle optioned car. I had a price of 23k on anew 07 4.6 5spd with cloth and a gt appearance package that was it pretty much no other options. Then the guy gives me a price on a 06 with 12k miles on it loaded to the gills for around 22 or 23k. What would be the better route to go here. The new 07's are rapidly dissapearing and their rebates end tommorrow at midnight. Its making it hard to find any out there. If I go with the 06 its hit most of it new car depreciation already (right???? Ihave never owned aFord let alone a mustang and I dont want to sell my self short buying a new one with no options on it. Is there a reason why you would pick a newplane one over a older loaded one.Thanks for any response.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:54 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: Need some more help guys

I had the same choice and I looked at it as this...

22-23k for a used car with 20+k miles, or spend just a tad more and get a brand new car?

I bought my stang because I loved them, but I needed a daily driver and I didn't want to spend a good chunk of change on a used car. I bought a fully loaded V6 that had only 6 miles on it, and that gives me some room to purchase upgrades.

If you are dead set on a V8, I would recommend getting the new one, and you can always look at upgrades later.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:55 PM
kindred169
2nd Gear Member

Go with the 07 gt. All of the interior upgrades can be purchased as future mods later thanks to the ripe take-off market. To be honest, I got a fully loaded v6 and if I had to do it again, I'd have gotten the base and built it up myself.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:11 PM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

Well Thats just it, My wife has finally put her foot down on me spending money on my vehicles, So whatever I get I will have to live with it for a while. The new one like I said has hardly and options other than what comes on the lowest grade GT. While the other one has the nice rad, leather seats, all that fancy crap.....Im really torn on which way to go .
Old 09-30-2007, 04:39 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WPsharpshooter

Well Thats just it, My wife has finally put her foot down on me spending money on my vehicles, So whatever I get I will have to live with it for a while. The new one like I said has hardly and options other than what comes on the lowest grade GT. While the other one has the nice rad, leather seats, all that fancy crap.....Im really torn on which way to go .
Don't know what other options you are referring to, but leather, or excuse me, pleather seats can be had after market for a song. Lots of take off parts available....And, don't the 07's have zero percent financing right now? Free money, kinda.....

The 06 was traded for some reason....12K isn't THAT bad, but it was certainly not babied. My 05 only has 15K on it.....I say, get the 07. You can probably get the guy down a bit more, enough to cover the pleather take offs, and a few more goodies....

JMO
Mike
Old 09-30-2007, 05:21 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

You should email the dealers within 100 miles of you and request a price on the model/options you want. Do a bulk email showing all the email address' of the dealers you are requesting quotes from. You can get some competitive pricing that way, and I think the car market is soft right now which is an advantage for you. You would be better off paying more for a '07 loaded GT with(0.9% APR financing for 36 months,1.9% APR financing for 48 months,2.9% APR financing for 60 months,4.9% APR financing for 72 months) interest over paying 23K for a used onewith 8% + used car financing/interest. At the end of the day, you would be paying close to the same but getting a brand new car with full warranty 5/60. jmo good luck.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:01 PM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

Only problem with going with an 07 is the color choices are deminishing quickly.......I dont know as much as my wife tells me that I cant do anything to the car I cant help but think I will change a bunch of things on it anyway. Thats what happened to my truck, I bought one of the trucks with the least amount of options on it a chnge out everything. I just hope I can find the color I am looking for.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

get the base '07. If your worried about the interior check this website out. http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Interior.htm

you can get carbon fiber dashboard and console for $260. This is the same stuff the ROUSH Mustangs interior comes with. Then you can buy some scott drake interior brushed aluminum parts to make it look like it has the interior upgrade package. I'm guessing it has the Shaker 500 since its not the premium package, and I have the 500 and its great. I think the extra 2grand will make up for 12,000 miles and the IUP.