Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT XCalibrator

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 11:34 PM
V8 Aggie
2nd Gear Member

Default SCT XCalibrator

So is the xCalibrator worth the ammount of money? If so, how easy is it to use?
I am not a car expert! I know only the basics of car performance. I have an 05 GT and would like to get a mass airflow intake and use the XCalibrator if it's worth it.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:23 AM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SCT XCalibrator

The tuner is gonna cost you about $375 and then another $150 or so to get the car tuned. I'v asked around and everyone says that you shpuld get the car dyno tuned when you get the XCalibrator.

But if you have $500 laying around......yeah its worth it.
ORIGINAL: V8 Aggie

So is the xCalibrator worth the ammount of money? If so, how easy is it to use?
I am not a car expert! I know only the basics of car performance. I have an 05 GT and would like to get a mass airflow intake and use the XCalibrator if it's worth it.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:41 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

ordered my intake and x-calibrator from steeda...they gave me a discount for ordering both also. If you order it from them, they will program the SCT before they ship it to you with any upgrades you want to get installed and save it under one of the empty program slots (you get 1 stock and 3 customs). if you dont have them do this, they will charge you $35 to send it back to them and have them reprogram it. it will be in some time this week and i will let you know if it is worth it or not...
Old 02-21-2005, 04:46 PM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

So correct me if I'm wrong, but if I buy the SCT with the updates after telling them my mods why do I have to spend another $150 for a Dyno tune. Why not just skip the SCT and take it in for the Dyno tune. Help me out fellas I think somethings missing here.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:14 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

How specific do you need to be with your modifications (e.g., manufacturer, type) for the empty slot programming to be done?

Looking forward to this thread running it's course.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:54 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

they guy at steeda told me that the program that comes with it is programmed for the intake and any other aftermarkets that allow for minor changes in airflow, ie. exhaust. The things that will require reprogramming are underdrive pulleys, bigger gear ratio, Supercharger, long throw headers, etc. If you know that you are going to add these in the future, you should let them know so they can go ahead and throw that combo into one of the empty slots so you dont have to re-send in your SCT after putting them on.

The guy i was talking to at steeda is Gus at extension 113. He seemed to be fairly savy about the SCT and other aftermarkets for the 05 GT. He wasnt bias either, in that, in some areas he did recommend some other name brands over steeda based on performance and price.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:30 PM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

From what I understand the mods will not get full power from all your mods if they are not tuned with the car. A Dyno-tune is kinda like a tune up for higher mileage cars. What they will to is adjust the air/fuel ratio among other things so that you get the max amount of power that you are supposed to.
ORIGINAL: JC74

So correct me if I'm wrong, but if I buy the SCT with the updates after telling them my mods why do I have to spend another $150 for a Dyno tune. Why not just skip the SCT and take it in for the Dyno tune. Help me out fellas I think somethings missing here.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:36 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I just ordered the SCT programmer and intake so when it gets here I will post how I like it and how it works.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:56 AM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

Anyone tried the DiabloSport Predator? It lools better than the x-calibrator because it can record and has a diplay. I'm just wondering if it has all the features of the x-calibrator.
It is also cheaper if you were planning on buying x-calibrator with the PC cable.

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...oducts_id=1348
Old 02-23-2005, 09:17 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

all i have to say is that around noon, UPS knocked on my door with a big steeda box.[sm=happy046.gif] either way, i put the steeda intake and the X-Calibrator on my mustang. It was quite a quick task and took much shorter time to reprogram my mustang than it took to run the program on the superchip for my truck. The power is definately noticable and the engine sounds a lot meaner at open throttle. Although i have no basis for comparison, i would recommend the SCT with the Steeda Intake. I mean, come on, 26 rear wheel HP for about 600 bucks...I am satisfied

Quick Reply: SCT XCalibrator