Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Color IUP update

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 08:03 PM
am1scott

Default RE: My Color IUP update

Oh, and Mustangs with MyColor are still rolling off the asembly line and being delivered as we speak. I'm sure more than a few will be sold from dealer lots today. That press release is old news, nothing Weyer (whiner) has done has slowed down MyColor not one single bit. Any slowdown in the production of Mustangs equipped with the IUP has been due to shortages on the other components, not, I repeat NOT because of any frivilous, doomed to fail lawsuit. This ground has been covered ad nauseum in just about all of the other Mustang forums and well placed sources both inside and outside Ford have confirmed that the lawsuit is a non-issue. Plus, what that press release fails to mention is that the preliminary injunction was rejected by the courts on the grounds of improper pre-filing procedures, specifically you must meet with the respondent (same thing as a defendant) and their legal counsel to attempt to reach an agreement and then wait 20 days prior to filing a motion for injunction.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:55 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: am1scott

Oh, and Mustangs with MyColor are still rolling off the asembly line and being delivered as we speak. I'm sure more than a few will be sold from dealer lots today. That press release is old news, nothing Weyer (whiner) has done has slowed down MyColor not one single bit. Any slowdown in the production of Mustangs equipped with the IUP has been due to shortages on the other components, not, I repeat NOT because of any frivilous, doomed to fail lawsuit. This ground has been covered ad nauseum in just about all of the other Mustang forums and well placed sources both inside and outside Ford have confirmed that the lawsuit is a non-issue. Plus, what that press release fails to mention is that the preliminary injunction was rejected by the courts on the grounds of improper pre-filing procedures, specifically you must meet with the respondent (same thing as a defendant) and their legal counsel to attempt to reach an agreement and then wait 20 days prior to filing a motion for injunction.
I totaly agree am1scott

Why are we still talking about this? If anyone reads the whole article they will see that the trial date for the injunction is not until the 28th of February even if it will be heard at all. Their is no injunction in place stopping the production. The only thing slowing production was lack of parts. Ford would not stop production unless ordered to do so by a judge, which the judge has not heard the case or rulled on the motion to stop production yet. You have to read everything and then comprehend what you read. I will give you your $20.00 back if Ford acknowledges you even exist much less build your car because you got some idiots permission to do so. Save the $20.00 for gas or some Leather preservative or a CD that your Shaker system may eat before they fix the problem.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Assassins
1st Gear Member

Is this guy claiming that Ford took everything? Or is this about the red interior leather seats?
Old 02-25-2005, 01:35 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Assassins

Is this guy claiming that Ford took everything? Or is this about the red interior leather seats?
He is claiming that Ford stole his patent for the ability to change the color of the dash lights.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:28 AM
New2Stang

Has anyone seen the results to the "My Color" lawsuit/injunction? Supposedly the court date was monday Feb 28th but I have not been able to find any news releases on it.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:45 AM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

i am stationed over seas and i got mine right away but they did find me the exact car i wanted that was already shipped over here.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:33 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

It never got to court is my understanding. Either the guy who claimed the patent infringement either withdrew his lawsuit, it was dimissed or Ford settled with him. Take you pick!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Love the Ponies

I don't know if anyone read the posting carefully about Weyer's lawsuit. He is quoted as only wanting "$4 per car" but look at the article carefully: he calculates the package to be $750 total, of which he feels $375 is the MyColor option. 10% of that, is $37.50 ($40), not $4.

Old 03-06-2005, 07:15 PM
HEMIstang
1st Gear Member

Newbe here. I tried to order a Mustang with the IUP back in January. Was told the IUP was on hold.

I was in Chicago for the auto show 2 weeks ago and found 2 dealers that had 1 Stang each with the IUP. Called my local dealer from Chicago and was told it is still on hold.

Happened to be driving back from a day trip yesterday in VA. Passed a Ford dealer so I stopped to take a look. The only Stang they had has the IUP. Salesman told me it was just delivered this past Wednesday. Called my local dealer and again no IUPs are being made. I am going back to VA tomorrow to see if I can make a deal on the one they have.

What I don't understand is if the My Color is holding up the IUP why can you not get the bright trim, scuffs plates and message center? Why can you not get side air bags w/o the IUP?

I could care less about the MY Color but I like the bright trim, plates, message center and the side SRS.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Mustang Novice
1st Gear Member

I stopped in a local dealership (Gulf Breeze, FL) because I saw a GT on their lot. I had to get my fix while I wait for mine. The salesman said that the IUP was held up because there was concern that the aluminum across the dash would fly off when the passenger air bag deployed. He said had to go through some testing and was found to be ok. They are producing them now.
I don't know that I believe him, but maybe.
I also found it interesting that they would not let anyone test drive the Mustang GT's, until the deal was done. That is, you had to go through all the BS and agree on a price before you could even drive one. I understand their rationale, but I would never buy a car that way, but I guess they're having no trouble selling them.
They have a deluxe satin silver, manual on the lot and 2 automatics arriving this week (black and sonic blue) for anyone living in the panhandle of Florida.

Quick Reply: My Color IUP update