Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Color IUP update

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 07:49 PM
tsrek

Default My Color IUP update

I saw the email address for the Guy that says he invented and patented the My color idea, so I sent him an email and told him to send me a single use patent permit, and I would pay him ( he estimated that each Car would pay a $4 royalty to Him. I said I would pay 20$ for a single use permit, and he said that He would draw one up If I sent him my address. I could send a copy to Ford and tell them that My order is no longer an issue and they can proceed to build my car with the My color option as it wouln't matter anymore who invented it as If Ford has the right, they can proceed and if r Weyer wins in court, it still doesn't matter as He sold me a one time use permit.

I havent sent my address yet as i am still mulling this over in my mind.

But it is interesting.

I think I'm going to contact Ford and see if they would even acknowlege that this would work.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:12 PM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My Color IUP update

Dude, your killing me. That's hilarious. First of all, I can't believe he replied, yet I would to if someone wanted to send me money. Second Ford won't give a @#&t about the letter IF the guy did send it to you.

On a diffrent note I thought the delay was over and that the MyColor thing was resolved. Did something happen?

Good Luck tsrek! Oh by the way you can send me $20 and I'll type up a letter granting Ford permission if you think it will help. [sm=smiley36.gif]
Old 02-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

There is no delay. Just a standard 9-12 week delivery date from vehicle order..
I ordered yesterday, and was told 3rd week in may... 12 weeks at a max...
I got the IUP and was told 100% I can get it...
There is a overwhelming demand on these cars... And, ya cant blame the public.. It is a beautiful car..
Old 02-22-2005, 02:27 PM
airbornesoon

why does it take so long to get in the states? over here we order and it is 6-8 weeks delivery
Old 02-22-2005, 06:27 PM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

Hmm..Are you military? I know that when I was stationed in Germany if you purchased your vehicle from the BX/PX it is routed differently. I believe that it is processed separate from dealership orders. Maybe Ford also places more effort / higher priority for soldiers serving overseas. Good on them if that's the reason. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 02-23-2005, 03:02 AM
tsrek

There is a posting on one of the Mustang forums showing an official press release by Ford acknowleging the law Suit.
and the Injunction halts further production of the Mustangs with the My Color Package.

So that press release cancels all posts to the contrary.

second I still have the E-mail from the guy suing Ford.

and lastly If I sent you $20 to type up something...Ford wouldn't care, but If the Guy suing did, it might open up a new door.

The interesting thing is I saw the press release days after some Guy posted that he talked to a Ford rep ( a Woman ) at a car show who assured him that the My Color issue was not the cause of delay. So She didn't know or was lying. and I say the Official press release...cancels any other opinion, including the ones here.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:47 PM
am1scott

Do you have a link to that press release or can you copy/paste it?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:03 PM
2k5pony
1st Gear Member

My color...who cares it was a waste of time and engineering. I much rather have Ford spend the money on 20 more horses than on Xmas tree lighting for my dash
Old 02-24-2005, 04:32 PM
tsrek

Here is the press release, as posted on Mustang Corral forum...the Poster's name is Dutchjaap
and I am not too computer savy but the web site is http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/1/inktomi199210.php

I dont want to dissapoint anyone here, as I am also waiting on My 2005 GT with My color option, But the truth is the truth and you can get alot of bad or old information on these forums...

But an official press release is the most reliable information you can get and the hearing is Feb 28th..this comming monday, and it calls for Ford to stop building cars with the My color option.

the Guy who is sueing is named Frank Weyer, and I have e-mailed him twice now. Ford is like any other huge company and has no reason to tell us the Facts, they only come out with what they WANT to tell you or what they HAVE to tell you.

If the Judge says stop Ford will have to stop, or settle, or fight it out.

Dont forget that Ford came up with the Intermitant wiper option on cars and finaly lost a suit to a guy who invented it and also just like this guy presented it to ford and they told him they wern't interested and then went ahead and put the idea into their cars..well the guy finaly won in court and Ford had to pay him royaltys for millions of cars. This new guy is going one better and getting a stop work injunction. I think that after Feb 28th there will be more information comming out and I don't think that Ford will fight the suit. also Just to add I also heard that Delphi is supplying the Mycolor option to Ford, and they also brought us the Crappy CD sterios you are reading about. I'm wondering what damage Delphi might get from this Lawsuit?

If...and I say If Ford is guilty of stealing this Mycolor idea from a guy who invented it, I hope he cleans their clock.

But I am still waiting for My Gt......
Old 02-24-2005, 06:55 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

Ford, rightfully so, is going to "smoke" this guy. I looked at the patent and there are many different ways Ford could change a couple of things and wouldn't be in violation of the patent (just by changing the colors of lights that they used, for one). Plus, since they didn't respond to this Wyer guy (who is also acting as his own attorney), there is no proof that they indeed received his "invention idea".

Further, Weyer is suing for "irreparable damage". I don't know what damage he incurred, even if his law suit had warrant. Plus, he's also saying that if the injunction is not granted, the public will suffer adversely. The only way the public would suffer adversely is if the court indeed grants this clown an injunction.

This is frivolous. Ford is using the technology of a competing company (who ows a different patent that does essentially the same thing). This guy lost a big sale to Ford. He was probably asking way more than the competition and got locked out.

This will be dismissed in short order, IMHO.

This is the type of crazy litigation that drives up the cost of cars.

Quick Reply: My Color IUP update