Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Has Been Waiting the Longest?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 08:52 PM
fieldofdreams

Default RE: Who Has Been Waiting the Longest?

I ordered mine on 12/4/04 and as of 02/15.05 the order still hadn't been pulled at the factory. So I took matters into my own hands and did a search of the dealer inventory on the ford web site. I searched almost all dealers in the western US however, within a day I found one almost exactly like I had ordered coming to the dealership here in Tucson. Picked it up last Tuesday!!! GT Prem. Sonic Blue loaded!!!!! it's great!!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:30 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I did the same thing as you did here in the mid-west and came up empty. Looking for one without leather and there are is nothing but leather. Even tried to look on east coast in the DC area with no luck. I'll be going to the DC area in about 2-3 weeks and if I find one there, I just might pick it up. Maybe I'll call a dealer in that area and give them a challenge to what they can find and have it ready for me when I arrive. Save the cost of a rental car for the week that I am there then drive it back home about 700 miles.

ORIGINAL: fieldofdreams

I ordered mine on 12/4/04 and as of 02/15.05 the order still hadn't been pulled at the factory. So I took matters into my own hands and did a search of the dealer inventory on the ford web site. I searched almost all dealers in the western US however, within a day I found one almost exactly like I had ordered coming to the dealership here in Tucson. Picked it up last Tuesday!!! GT Prem. Sonic Blue loaded!!!!! it's great!!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:32 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I really feel your frustration. What area of the country are you in? Maybe I'm in the same allocation pool as you are. My allocation pool is the Kansas City area. They are anly allocated 1943 units per month.

ORIGINAL: Martin123

I ordered my 05 mineral grey, manual, iup, leather on 10/10/04 and I still have not heard anything. The wait has become somewhat fustrating to say the least.

The last thing the dealer told me was that they were trying to push for late February, but that's just another dealer promise (nothing in black and white)

I've already oredered the steeda CAI, SCT X-Calibrator, 4.10 gears and Borla Cat-back, so I'm force to wait. but it stinks.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

05GreyGT, I'm actually in Puerto Rico and ordered my car from the auto dealer in the Army base. They have a website where you can actually check up on the status of your car. Anything that has to do with production, expected delivery date and actuall delivery date has remained blank since the day of the order.

In addition, everytime I call the dealer he has to call his New York office to get a status on the car (then what good is the web site).

Any suggestions anyone. I tried the 800 number and that got nowhere.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:51 AM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

I have 2 Ford dealers in town, I wanted a Satin Silver w/ black int. 5 speed GT I didn't really care about any other options I would take them or leave them. One dealer had a siver auto and the other a black 5 speed. I was just about to settle for black, even though I had a 96 Vette that was black and promised myself I wouldn't own a black car again, when I decided to search www.ebay.com. I am in Michigan and found a dealer in Maine with my exact car, called him paid the reserve which was sticker, he ended the auction and Saturday night the trucking company will drop it off, 7 days total. I suggest you try the same if you don't want to wait. Most of the 05 GT's are selling at sticker and dealers just want to sell cars. Transport from Maine to Michigan was $600 but since the car was $2000 less than the black one I figured it was worth it. I really didn't need the 1000 watt Shaker and I wanted the stock wheels. I will change the wheels anyway. Just an idea instead of waiting.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:20 PM
rxdork

ordered mine 11/9 and just heard from dealer my car is being made. don't have delivery date yet.
hoping it will only be a few weeks. Hang in there
Old 02-27-2005, 09:07 PM
MY 05 GT STANG

i got mine in a week, when i ordered it they said 10 weeks, but called me a week later and said they found one just like i ordered so i took it
Old 02-27-2005, 09:10 PM
MY 05 GT STANG

its a fully loaded premium gt , black with red leather interior, 5 spd manual trans, every interior option and dash upgrade, the only thing my car doesnt have is the side airbags
Old 03-01-2005, 12:23 AM
SeattleStang

I got pretty lucky. Ordered mine on 1/5/05 and picked it up on 2/15/05.

'05 GT Premium
Windveil Blue
Dk Charcoal Interior