Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow! What a difference ... (Sound Deadening)

Old 12-08-2011, 12:53 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cookiemonster
I'd post pictures if I could, but I don't know how to
Go to imageshack.us and click browse and select you picture and click upload. Then it will give u a few links. There is one that says forum code. Copy paste that one into your post. If you have any questions PM me and ill walk you through in detail.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:59 AM
MidLifeOpportunity

Default PDF's still available?

I was so excited to find this thread with the pdf's as I'm about to try and sound deaden my cabin as much as possible. This was quickly followed by disappointment to find that the swagg.com site that hosts the pdf's seems to have expired. Anyone know if these pdf's are still online anywhere?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 PM
MidLifeOpportunity

I found information on removing trim here. Hope this helps for people still looking for this. Removing the carpet to put some sound dampening underneath looks much more difficult than I had hoped.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=1062
Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MidLifeOpportunity
I found information on removing trim here. Hope this helps for people still looking for this. Removing the carpet to put some sound dampening underneath looks much more difficult than I had hoped.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=1062
Actually it is not as difficult as it looks, I have removed my carpet twice and while it is somewhat time consuming, it is very doable and is nothing to be intimidated by.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Dreamtheory
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
[sm=groupwave.gif]
what a post. now that's detail. didnt read it all bc i got ADD, but i will ... later
lmao same here!

and yeah great post But I want to see pic's! ... or it didn't happen
Old 01-24-2012, 09:49 AM
MidLifeOpportunity

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE
Actually it is not as difficult as it looks, I have removed my carpet twice and while it is somewhat time consuming, it is very doable and is nothing to be intimidated by.
Really? Did you have to remove the instrument panel to do it? According to the instructions, you have to..

8. cut the carpet between the Restraints Control Module (RCM) and the Air Conditioning (A/C) plenum chamber
9. cut the carpet from the Air Conditioning (A/C) plenum chamber opening to the front of the carpet

Wasn't sure I wanted to be cutting my carpet and I can't even figure out what and where the A/C plenum is.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out how to get my automatic shifter off before I can consider lifting the center console out.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:06 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

I know how old this thread is, and I know it's a long shot but...does anyone have the PDFs still? The link in OP is down.

If not, then does anyone have a similar guide?
Old 01-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Can everyone else see the pics? I cant.

Matthew
Old 01-15-2014, 11:02 AM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

I can't either.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:39 PM
artdohc
1st Gear Member

Thanks for bumping this thread. I went ahead and purchased the Damplifier, Overkill, Luxury Liner, and some DIY products from Lowes to try and quiet down my car. All in, I spent $200 and I'll likely add about 40 lbs, which I'm OK with since I just lost a bunch of weight (a diet is the best weight savings) and most this stuff is going in the truck, which will help with weight distribution.

And FWIW, it'll quiet road noise and improve interior sound quality for sound systems. It'll also quiet down exhaust noise, but with an aftermarket exhaust the noise will still get in, just not as much engine/exhaust drone. When I get on it there will still be plenty of noise.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wow! What a difference ... (Sound Deadening)