Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk Lid Observations

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 02:27 PM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

Default Trunk Lid Observations

not the most exciting topic, but wondering if other people have noticed similar things on the inside of their trunk lids:

(1) crappy paint job, especially around the lid frame. i practically have bare metal in spots on the inside lid.

(2) lethally sharp cutout edges in the lid frame; clearly these edges were not ground at all. honestly, you could cut bone on these edges.

if there's interest, i'll post a photo this evening

if this is just ford fit-n-finish, then so be it, but wondering if i just got one off crappy lid, in which case, i'll have the dealer swap it out when i have my first service.

Old 02-25-2005, 02:47 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Trunk Lid Observations

ORIGINAL: 05SonicBlue

not the most exciting topic, but wondering if other people have noticed similar things on the inside of their trunk lids:

(1) crappy paint job, especially around the lid frame. i practically have bare metal in spots on the inside lid.

(2) lethally sharp cutout edges in the lid frame; clearly these edges were not ground at all. honestly, you could cut bone on these edges.

if this is just ford fit-n-finish, then so be it, but wondering if i just got one off crappy lid, in which case, i'll have the dealer swap it out when i have my first service.

If you do I hope the paint matches.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:04 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

Haven't looked that close but I will now. I'll post what I find in mine....
Old 02-25-2005, 03:11 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

ok this is kind of off topic but the hood on the 2005 is it suppose to come off of the side mounting hinges? where the hood mounts to the car is it supposwe to be attached there or dose it lift off?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:12 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

no takers on this one?
Old 02-26-2005, 01:50 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Mine isn't a lift off hood, if thats what you mean. It doesn't have springs, and takes a supprt rod, to hold it up, staying on hinges by the windshield. From what I've read here, it seems to be part of the weight saving plan. I guess the hood is aluminum, and as such might not do well, if closing it against spring pressure was required.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:16 AM
jammer

i noticed some bubbly looking stuff around the seem and wondered what it was. Hoping it wasn't rust. It's not a good feeling. I'll have to check for sharp edges.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

post pictures please and some closups..
Old 02-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Just checked mine out.

ORIGINAL: 05SonicBlue
My paint looks pretty good, the only sharp edges are in the big punch outs shown in my picture. If you look close the grey metal shows on that edge. closeest to the bumper of the car. Both side are similar, and I will be watching putting hands in there. If the paint had covered it, then dried, I think it would cover the sharpness as well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12415/81209386AF8F4762A7AD8216E0B34318.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Thats the edge in the top of the pic.

Quick Reply: Trunk Lid Observations