Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used 05 GT's spotted!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Used 05 GT's spotted!

ORIGINAL: lexigirl

Yep, you read right. I was checking out the car ads this morning, and I saw THREE used 05 GT ads! A silver manual w/red accent pkg.(no mileage listed) $29,000, a yellow (1000 miles/loaded) $35,000 (!!!), and a black auto $30,695 (1600 miles).

Interestingly, a few minutes later, a dealer called me, following up on my car search, and through talking I discovered that he'd sold the yellow one to the seller only two weeks ago. The ad said tragedy forced sale--asking $35,000. The dealer told me the guy bought it for $34,000. Wonder if he'll get 35K? Maybe he hasn't heard of depreciation.

Anyway, for any of you who are waiting for the used ones to show up, looks like your wait might be over. Doesn't look like you'll be getting any great deals yet--all of the prices above look to be at or above MSRP--but later this summer...who knows?

Sure, like I will sell you my used 05 GT, redfire prem. coupe, 5 spd. for 29K or 35K. Its only got 800 miles on it so far. Ofcourse my X-Plan price wa only $24750.00. But hey, ya can't blame a guy for asking. J/K

It is interesting that they are surfacing. Maybe, someone will deal if the buyer is serious. CASH is King !!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:31 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

35k!?!?!

I'd call the BBB on their asses. For real.

I really hope nobody buys those cars, just because they're paying WAY out the ***. Hell, I haven't seen any new ones for over $30k.

That's sad.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xRockThePonyx

35k!?!?!

I'd call the BBB on their asses. For real.

I really hope nobody buys those cars, just because they're paying WAY out the ***. Hell, I haven't seen any new ones for over $30k.

That's sad.
I complained to Ford, while shopping here in Indy. It took me 2 months to find a dealer who would honor my X-Plan pricing, one dealer was $3500.00 over MSRP, not right at all.

Ford took the easy way out and said, "Dealerships are under private ownership, and out of our control". Like is that BS or what. Private ownership, but you still ship them their orders, just like the other dealerships. The factory could restrict shipment to the dealers gouging the public if they wanted to. I found it interesting, I got a JD Powers call last night to survey me on my 05 Mustang purchase of 2-3-2005. I was very happy with the deal that gave me X-Plan, so I gave them the high marks.

Why doesn't Ford survey those who don't make a purchase. Every dealership I went to took my information, and kept trying to get me to come back and pay their price.They should have to turn that info into Ford as well, for lost customer feedback !!

Old 03-01-2005, 11:33 AM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

As obnoxious as those prices are I don't believe there is anything illegal in them asking for it. How many cars have we sold individually at our price when maybe the car wasn't worth it? I agree though, I hope nobody buys those cars and they rot on the lot but we all know that won't happen...
Old 03-01-2005, 01:39 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

thanks.. I'm suprised to have found someone at a dealership thats not an ***.. now if I can just the the right interest rate I will be set.. that will be the hard one.. =-/
no "special incentives" via Ford Credit on Mustangs, but you can apply on-line to "lendingtree.com", "auto-loan.com", "capitaloneautofinance.com" and compare their rates. Once you get pre-approved on those sites (they will send you a blank check you can use at the dealership), ask your dealership to beat their rates if they can. Best of both worlds and puts you in the driver's seat (pun intended) when you get to the finance office of your dealer.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:18 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

yea.. its that BK thing 6 years ago.. I cant get a circuit city card.. but I can apply for a 25K car!! hahahqa.. life sux.. I just want to die in my stang[sm=chairshot.gif]