Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New use of 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 10:55 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New use of 05 GT

they tell us how under budget they are and they do things like that. Thats why in Cali many cops are pulling people over for any reason they can to get money back into the budget. Some cops here have told me that. Heaven forbid we stay with the same number of cops in an area.. I guess they dont want to stop till were a policed state.. party on
Old 03-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OICW

I wouldn't chase anyone in that thing if I'm the cop.

The Mustang haven't offered an official "police package" since the 5.0. Which means the car is not designed for pursuits - if you crash while chasing someone, the insurance wouldn't cover anything at all. Your chief definitely won't like that!

The only cars you can use for pursuits (with insurance) are: Crown Vic Police Interceptor, Impala, Intrepid, Camaro police package, and the newly introduced pursuit Tahoe. All other police cars are listed under "special service".

If you see that 05 GT chasing you, reverse the pit manuver on him and he's toast! (of course, you're too!)

Do Police departments even have to have insurance? I understand that if they hit you, or your car is damaged while they are pursuing someone selse, your insurance is in effect. The "City" doesn't have to cover ya.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:49 PM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

over here in England the police use all manner of high performance sports cars as under cover cars! they even while driving an unmarked patrol car single out possible racers and tease them into racing then they do you for speeding!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:08 PM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

Do Police departments even have to have insurance? I understand that if they hit you, or your car is damaged while they are pursuing someone selse, your insurance is in effect. The "City" doesn't have to cover ya.
I don't know about the city having insurance, but you better believe that if the city causes damage to my vehicle THEY will be paying not my insurance.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Now I remember why we had that Tea party over here !! lol

ORIGINAL: ninja205

over here in England the police use all manner of high performance sports cars as under cover cars! they even while driving an unmarked patrol car single out possible racers and tease them into racing then they do you for speeding!
[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 03-01-2005, 09:58 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a job for JONNY COCKRAN (close enough) ..heheh
Old 03-02-2005, 08:49 AM
MTXpro752

ORIGINAL: JC74

No kidding! I'd hate to be paying taxes in that city. You can bet they probably writing a ****load of speeding tickets to cover it!
They used a special state grant, no tax money used. And a vehicle can be pursiut rated as long as it is test to the standards of pursuit rated vehilce determined by the state, the driver also must go to special driver training to drive any high speed vehicle as a service vehicle. Yes the depts do have to have insurance on each vehicle driven, it also has to have a license plate and pass any type of safety or emissions tests required for any vehicle. And the city wil only be paying for you vehicle if you didn't do somthing stupid to cause the damage i.e. run from the cops
Old 03-02-2005, 06:10 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I wonder how many (innocent) people die from those chases... ummm. I guess a new 05 rolling over me wouldnt be a bad way to go. haha
Old 03-03-2005, 12:14 AM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

Um where do you think the your state gets it's money? Do they have a money tree the rest the country doesn't know about?
Old 03-03-2005, 01:28 AM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

Haha..Money tree, that would be cool.