Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer shenanigans???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:43 PM
mvp12
1st Gear Member

Default Dealer shenanigans???

I am in the military and recently returned from an overseas deployment in the gulf (Man...that sucked). I immediately traded in my 2000 GT which I have babied for 5 years and picked up a black 05 GT. At the dealership I was immediately bombarded with all this bull**** about how Ford no longer covers the paint under warranty and was bamboozled into purchasing some kind of aftermarket warranty for the exterior to protect me from "Acid Rain". So my questions are as follows...
1) Did I get ripped off by purchasing this aftermarket warranty on the exterior?
2) Was it a good idea to purchase the extended warranty now?
2) Also, are all these replica wheels that I see on Ebay decent quality?
3) Lastly, has anyone noticed a gear meshing sound when shifting from 1st to 2nd under normal conditions (ie not jumping on it)?

Thank in advance for any advice you have for me. I have been reading through the last 3 months of posts to catch up on all I missed while I was gone.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:06 AM
JSlade8581
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dealer shenanigans???

Hey, first off, welcome back. Thanks for your service!

1) I've never heard of that crap about the "acid rain warranty". That sounds really, really fishy to me. Are you West Coast (aka San Diego)?

2) I've heard that purchasing the Ford extended warranty after you drive off the lot is more expensive than buying it when you first pick up the car... I didn't personally ask for it, but monetarily it is a better deal.

3) No idea about the wheel quality on eBay - never tried buying that stuff.

4) I have no gear meshing sound. In my car - anyone else have that?

Hope that helps a little bit. Good luck!

Old 03-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

No messing sound here. It took a bit for me to get used to the fact that if I let up after shifting, the driveline play switching directions, makes a little noise. Had auto's since ....well....its been awhile.

Best of luck with your new car !! Sounds like mine needs a gas tank! But no biggie, I ain't paying for it. lol
Old 03-03-2005, 01:32 AM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

First off i thank you for your service as well. Higgie what is the matter with your gas tank?
Old 03-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

I haven't tried this before:

https://mustangforums.com/m_415073/tm.htm

If this link works check out this thread.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:54 AM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

higgie, your link worked. So all the fumes don't let you fill up your tank and it takes forever? Am I understanding right?
Old 03-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Murphyd311

ORIGINAL: mvp12

I am in the military and recently returned from an overseas deployment in the gulf (Man...that sucked). I immediately traded in my 2000 GT which I have babied for 5 years and picked up a black 05 GT. At the dealership I was immediately bombarded with all this bull**** about how Ford no longer covers the paint under warranty and was bamboozled into purchasing some kind of aftermarket warranty for the exterior to protect me from "Acid Rain". So my questions are as follows...
1) Did I get ripped off by purchasing this aftermarket warranty on the exterior?
2) Was it a good idea to purchase the extended warranty now?
2) Also, are all these replica wheels that I see on Ebay decent quality?
3) Lastly, has anyone noticed a gear meshing sound when shifting from 1st to 2nd under normal conditions (ie not jumping on it)?

Thank in advance for any advice you have for me. I have been reading through the last 3 months of posts to catch up on all I missed while I was gone.
It depends, some of these packages are beneficial, if they cover everything. The dealership my wife works at sells these packages and if ANYTHING happens to your paint they cover it.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I think thats it. So its safe all the time, just a pain to gas up.

ORIGINAL: SpikeGT

higgie, your link worked. So all the fumes don't let you fill up your tank and it takes forever? Am I understanding right?