Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can you get the Super Snake emblems?

Old 11-11-2007, 06:45 AM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Where can you get the Super Snake emblems?

The plain Cobra snake emblem is found on so many non-specfiic Shelby parts, be it valve covers, or whatever that I honestly do not know what all the fuss is. To me the snake is more symbolic of performance modifications than it is of Shelby.Take a look in a Ford Performance catalog.

I can see how "cloning" a Shelby and trying to pass it off as onewould be posing, but for the guy who has modified his GT and put Cobra emblems on the fenderof a car that is obviously not a Shelby, it's really no big deal.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:39 AM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

I really don't know what the big deal is with a damn snake here people. I have one on my trunk....big deal. Never did I ever get people calling me poser, and I've gone to car shows without a problem. Maybe it's because I think most people know the difference between the Shelby and the Mustang.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

You have to admit, whatever you're feelings are re: placement of them, those Snakes look Bad ***....
Old 11-11-2007, 01:50 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 300GT

ORIGINAL: ThaiCobra

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

In an interview with Shelby Autos they said they would not be offering KR badging, and I assume that goes for the SS as well.

I think you're out of luck unless you find a company that can make the extra 2 pieces and attach them to the original snake emblem.
thats a shame, but I respect Shelby's choice to provide exclusivity to their KR and SS owners.

If anybody on the forum does custom emblems. plz let me know. K thnx.
that is exactly what they are trying to do, and what I was trying to point out in my previous post. What if Rolex made their emblem available to everyone? Then everyone with a Timex could replace their logo and for 10 bucks, own a "Rolex". It's a watch, it says Rolex, butwould it really a Rolex? Same thing here - you have a Mustang, you could put a Super Snake logo on it, but would it really be a Super Snake?It's the exclusivity that allows Shelby and Rolex to sell their products at premium prices - allowing a lot of knock-offs onto the market would reduce that exclusivity and make it harder to sell the real ones at premium prices.
Sounds like the people that really need to buy into this concept are the people at Ford.They put that silly snake or COBRA badge on so many parts thatevidently they are not too concerned about diluting the exclusivity. So why should anyone else be? Let's face it - how many COBRA valve covers have you seen on everything from a Fairlane to a V8 Pinto?

From the standpoint of taking an ordinary GT and making all the visual modifications to pass it off as a Shelby, I tend to agree that is not a very smooth move. However, just putting a snake badge on a car that is obviously not a Shelby is a pretty innocent gesture.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:00 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

I think I am going to put a cobra on the grill, foose on the rear, saleen across the windshield and the twister on the sides, and GT500 on the rockers just to push you guys on the poser banwagon over the edge... LOL and as a bonus confuse the hell out of the public...
Old 11-11-2007, 02:04 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lieu910

ORIGINAL: 300GT

ORIGINAL: ThaiCobra

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

In an interview with Shelby Autos they said they would not be offering KR badging, and I assume that goes for the SS as well.

I think you're out of luck unless you find a company that can make the extra 2 pieces and attach them to the original snake emblem.
thats a shame, but I respect Shelby's choice to provide exclusivity to their KR and SS owners.

If anybody on the forum does custom emblems. plz let me know. K thnx.
that is exactly what they are trying to do, and what I was trying to point out in my previous post. What if Rolex made their emblem available to everyone? Then everyone with a Timex could replace their logo and for 10 bucks, own a "Rolex". It's a watch, it says Rolex, butwould it really a Rolex? Same thing here - you have a Mustang, you could put a Super Snake logo on it, but would it really be a Super Snake?It's the exclusivity that allows Shelby and Rolex to sell their products at premium prices - allowing a lot of knock-offs onto the market would reduce that exclusivity and make it harder to sell the real ones at premium prices.
Sounds like the people that really need to buy into this concept are the people at Ford.They put that silly snake or COBRA badge on so many parts thatevidently they are not too concerned about diluting the exclusivity. So why should anyone else be? Let's face it - how many COBRA valve covers have you seen on everything from a Fairlane to a V8 Pinto?

From the standpoint of taking an ordinary GT and making all the visual modifications to pass it off as a Shelby, I tend to agree that is not a very smooth move. However, just putting a snake badge on a car that is obviously not a Shelby is a pretty innocent gesture.
we both agree that putting a snake badge on a non-Shelby is a pretty innocent gesture, much like wearing a fake Rolex is a pretty innocent gesture. But the original poster was wondering why he couldn't find the "Super Snake" emblem anywhere and I was trying to offer up a reason as to why. I personally am not a fan of badging a non-Shelby Cobra with cobra emblems, but if that's what floats your boat, then by all means run it up a flagpole and see who salutes it.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

I would stick with all the emblems I have, but all the "snake" style products look so much cooler:

Old 11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

You can get them from the shelby auto website I think. Oh and if the bashing gets out of hand I will lock or delete the thread.......not your fault ThaiCobra but Isee futureflaming shortly!

Wonder why that would be?[X(]
Old 11-11-2007, 04:44 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: lieu910

The plain Cobra snake emblem is found on so many non-specfiic Shelby parts, be it valve covers, or whatever that I honestly do not know what all the fuss is. To me the snake is more symbolic of performance modifications than it is of Shelby.Take a look in a Ford Performance catalog.

No, cloning is cloning, not posing. Posing is when you don't go for the whole ball of wax and sort of half *** it. I have no problems with a clone.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ortoch

what does it matter hes not putting the emblems on your car... i swear if someone takes their GT emblems off they are called a sleeper or w/e and nothing is wrong with it but if someone wants to go up in the food chain God forbid *shakes hands wildly in air*

I think that yall should just calm down and let the man do what he wants with HIS f-in car and stop flaming... i been here for 3 months and half the posts in this forum are just filled with people responding with non-constructive, stupid, flaming posts about nothing

No, folks are entitled to their opinion as long as it isn't a point blank attack on the OP. Thicker skin might be in the works for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where can you get the Super Snake emblems?