Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will i ever get an eta on my 05?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 05:32 PM
jay

Default will i ever get an eta on my 05?

i called ford cust service 2 weeks ago and was told that there was no schedule date for my gt at this time but should have one in 1 to 2 wks, so i waited and called back 2 weeks (yesterday) i was then told to wait 1-2 more weeks and they should have a date, i was also told that once they have the schedule date they could give me my ETA and that it should be 4-6 weeks from schedule date, does this sound right? it seems as though i get a different answer everytime i call them, this is extremely frustrating, and seems like ford does not have there **** together, ive never had to wait 4 months or more for a new car, it would be nice to have it by spring but i am highly doubtfull. i have heard that they are stepping up production at the plant and i can only hope that this will help expedite my order, i ordered early january, how long have others had to wait for delivery?
Old 03-03-2005, 06:01 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: will i ever get an eta on my 05?

My car was scheduled to be built the week of 1/31 and the car was delivered on 2/19. But I downgraded from the IUP to the Sports Appearance Package. Not sure if that is why.

My brother ordered his on 11/1 and his is still Unscheduled.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:30 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I ordered mine on 11/17/04 and I still don't know anything more than when I ordered the car. As far as I know, I am still backed up in the queue and have no idea as to when it will be processed.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

I have never ordered new. Does the dealership you order through give you a reference number?? I have read posts here that claim, the dealer can keep moving your car down the list, to get higher profit cars in their hands to sell. I don't know if that true,. But, it seems easy to believe.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Mustang Novice
1st Gear Member

I was told 9 weeks and I got a reference number. I don't know what to do with the number though. I don't think there is a place I can look up the progress of the car.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

I ordered one last week and I was told that it would take three weeks to get a build date. I was also told that it would be up to up to 9-12 more weeks for delivery. I also ordered the interior upgrade package and was told that the option made the process slower. Who did you order it from? I ordered mine from a large dealership that has several chain dealerships in the region. Maybe there is a clout factor, big dealerships getting better response and smaller ones getting the shaft? If I were Jay I would be very pissed off. If the dealer dosen't give me a date on the date agreed I am going to be pissed myself. I had to put 500$ down when I ordered. Anyone else?
Old 03-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

I ordered on 11/10/04 and just last week, I received a letter from the dealer that my car is soon to be scheduled for production and I should receive a vin number soon. Other than taht I have no freakin idea. Everytime I hear someone in this forum advise on how long they have been waiting and how they keep getting the run-around from Ford, it just angers me even more. I mean, the wait is just not right and I suppose that Ford customer satisfaction does not mean **** because I have not been able to get an honest reply from my Ford dealer or from Ford themselves. If it wasn't because I'm absolutely crazy about this car, I would have told Ford to take this car and shove it up their a......!
Old 03-03-2005, 09:57 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

wow.. you ordered yours in november and still don't have it? i'd raise hell.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Tehrab
1st Gear Member

To a degree, I am prepared for this. Back in '88, my Dad bought an F250 via custom order and it took something like four months and that was for a vehicle that wasn't as crazy in demand as the '05 Mustang.

I am holding out hope that the 4-6 month timeframes being given turn out to be false but not counting on it.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:15 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I got my GT yesterday and i ordered it on 12/23/04. the guy I delt with was honest and helpful. got my gt with leather pak for 25100. no bs. He called me a week before and told me where the car was. He did the leg work to get me a car. If Anywone is still looking you can talk to him at Haword Ford (ALI Jay 1-510-751-3963) Tell him Ted sent you. Just watch out for the finance guy.. hes a punk..haha

Quick Reply: will i ever get an eta on my 05?