Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who likes the new 2008 Bullitt. I enjoy it's conservative look. Love it and I want one.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Who likes the new 2008 Bullitt. I enjoy it's conservative look. Love it and I want one.

Ford got it perfect!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:13 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Who likes the new 2008 Bullitt. I enjoy it's conservative look. Love it and I want one.

Looks great.

It just dont have the power man.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:35 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Burnsy

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

ORIGINAL: Legion5
The fuel injection system is entierly redone on this car. As is the timing computer. The car has a system that can tune the engine to the octane rating that is put in the car.
Please show proof of this
Yes, I'd love to see proof of that
It was written up in one of the articles on the Bullitt but there wasnt much detail, from what i read it was tuned to run premium gas but can be tuned down for lower grades also. It was able to add some spark to get some more torq....kinda nice but I would want it tuned for the 93 oct and the tune maximized for that like our tuners do

Engine performance is further enhanced through the use of an innovative adaptive spark ignition system, new for the 2008 Mustang. The system can sense, within a few seconds, what type of fuel is being injected into the motor and adjusts the spark to provide maximum torque at any given speed - and as much as 10 pounds-feet more between 1,000 and 4,000 rpm. Bullitt can run on either premium or regular fuel. Ford recommends premium fuel for optimum performance, but the adaptive spark ignition will adjust the spark to burn regular fuel without damaging the engine.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Really not feelin it here. Color belongs on a suburban or explorer or something
Old 11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat
The fuel injection system is entierly redone on this car. As is the timing computer. The car has a system that can tune the engine to the octane rating that is put in the car.
It was written up in one of the articles on the Bullitt but there wasnt much detail, from what i read it was tuned to run premium gas but can be tuned down for lower grades also. It was able to add some spark to get some more torq....kinda nice but I would want it tuned for the 93 oct and the tune maximized for that like our tuners do

Engine performance is further enhanced through the use of an innovative adaptive spark ignition system, new for the 2008 Mustang. The system can sense, within a few seconds, what type of fuel is being injected into the motor and adjusts the spark to provide maximum torque at any given speed - and as much as 10 pounds-feet more between 1,000 and 4,000 rpm. Bullitt can run on either premium or regular fuel. Ford recommends premium fuel for optimum performance, but the adaptive spark ignition will adjust the spark to burn regular fuel without damaging the engine.
OK
but being tuned for 93 and being able to retard timing for 87 isn't the same as being able to adjust for ANY oct you put in
If you go and put in 104oct will it fully advance the timing (probobly not It'll reach the 93 timing and stop there)

but until more info about this is found we can't be sure ether way
Old 11-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

The only thing I want from the Bullitt is it's Shifter Bezel, where can I get it?!
Old 11-18-2007, 09:47 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

The only thing I want from the Bullitt is it's Shifter Bezel, where can I get it?!
Bring your checkbook buddy.....

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50000016b
Old 11-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

ORIGINAL: Menace

Bring your checkbook buddy.....

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000016b~Z5Z5Z5ACEWA~ P187.95~~~~S2870G8YHX14564122389e~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z5000 0016b
http://www.partscheap.com/mustangaccessories05.htm Cheaper, but still too much $$$

Old 11-18-2007, 09:54 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

"The subtle stuff starts with revised programming of the engine control computer. First the redline has been bumped up 250 revs to 6,500 rpm. Second, a "dual knock" strategy in the fuel map and ignition programming allows the engine to run on either regular or premium fuel — with the V8 making the same peak power either way, but with a slightly more generous torque curve when burning the good stuff. Add in some revisions to the throttle's responsiveness and the result is an engine that actually feels more eager and more capable than the addition of just 5 percent more horsepower would suggest."

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123327

ORIGINAL: howarmat

OK
but being tuned for 93 and being able to retard timing for 87 isn't the same as being able to adjust for ANY oct you put in
If you go and put in 104oct will it fully advance the timing (probobly not It'll reach the 93 timing and stop there)

but until more info about this is found we can't be sure ether way
Old 11-18-2007, 10:00 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The gears will also make it "feel" faster than just 20 HP

Quick Reply: Who likes the new 2008 Bullitt. I enjoy it's conservative look. Love it and I want one.