Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT/CS Stripes????

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
CAL SPC 2007
1st Gear Member

Default RE: GT/CS Stripes????

marcuskeeler, Are those the Silverhorse racing rear quarter louvers? Did you have any problems putting them in? I think those look awesome.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

The GT/CS stripes are very nice but TOTALLY in the wrong place. Talk about a design meeting fueled by Crack ! [:'(]

They would look awesome down just above the rockers, where God intended all Mustang stripes to be.
Negative, the GT/CS are the only Ford side stripes that I do like.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:57 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

marcuskeeler, Are those the Silverhorse racing rear quarter louvers? Did you have any problems putting them in? I think those look awesome.
yep.
Got a bodyshop to install them as the car was in having some work done anyway.......
Old 11-25-2007, 08:46 AM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CAL SPC 2007

No offense, but I would have to see that in person to see how those white stripes look on the hood with the black stripes on the doors. I am not sure I like it so much.
I've seen one with flat black hood stripes, and they match the factory CS stripe. You could also change the color and get a new side stripe with the fade done properly.

CS Stripes
Old 11-25-2007, 08:52 AM
SMOKEin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CAL SPC 2007

Has anyone really looked up close at the GT/CS stripes? I can't really be sure, but it is some sort of weird patterned material which seems to have some sort of texture. I am going by memory, because my car is in storage right now. I just wonder where I would get wider stripes to match that. I thought about trying to match them exactly and doing the GT stripes in flat black for kind of a ghost effect also.

I might just have to keep the GT/CS how it is and get another mustang to stripe.
Yes, patterned material.. Would be pretty tough to match it, even by a good painter. Im going to pull mine off and have someone paint them back on lower on the rocker, and srtipes at the same time..

Now, do i keep the fade? do it to both? a touch "brighter" to be seen better? who knows.. but trust me there wil be pics to share
Old 11-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

gunnerdog, I like the black stripes and the white stripes. Just not both together.imo
Old 11-25-2007, 10:15 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

The material is not patterned, it's the print. The dot matrix is how they perform the fade. When I came up with the design of my fading rocker stripes that I sold here last spring, I did quite a bit of research into the GT/CS stripes. They're a dot matrix fade printed on clear vinyl. I haven't looked at the black on black ones specifically, but I would assume they're all the same. If you were to go with flat black stripes, they would match perfectly. And I would stay true to the GT/CS legacy and keep the stripes where they are. I think flat black stripes would look awesome and match up with the factory stripes very well.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:50 PM
SMOKEin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

The material is not patterned, it's the print. The dot matrix is how they perform the fade. When I came up with the design of my fading rocker stripes that I sold here last spring, I did quite a bit of research into the GT/CS stripes. They're a dot matrix fade printed on clear vinyl. I haven't looked at the black on black ones specifically, but I would assume they're all the same. If you were to go with flat black stripes, they would match perfectly. And I would stay true to the GT/CS legacy and keep the stripes where they are. I think flat black stripes would look awesome and match up with the factory stripes very well.
Yes.. its a printed pattern..