Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back from dyno... disappointed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:47 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Back from dyno... disappointed.

ORIGINAL: Meangreen1200

Oh how I hate ohio state! I spit on woody hayse Blvd! And then you want to buy a saleen?
whats the problem with saleen
Old 11-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ECR5.0

Sorry to jack the post but what does SAE corrected mean and why does it lower your horse power rating? What numbers are the real numbers SAE corrected or uncorrected?
It means correcting to the current SAE standard which I believe is Temp 25C (77F), Hum 50%, and 29.92 uncorrected Bar Press.
There is also Standard Correction which is what SAE used to use and most engine builders still use. 15C (59F), 0% Hum, 29.92 Uncorrected Bar Pressure.

The reason I noted uncorrected barometric pressure is that it varies with altitude and temperature as well as local conditions.
The barometric pressure you see on local news has been corrected for temperature and altitude and is not a raw number.

The reason we use SAE corrected numbers is to allow us to compare dynos made at different times of the year and at different locations.
How else would compare a dyno from Denver in the winter to Houston in the summer?

The reason people still mention the conditions under which they dyno as correction factors dont account for heat soak and things of that nature. Just the oxygen content and air pressure.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:23 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

deffinetely low. I agree with the rest in saying to reload & install factory airbox & tuning to see what it puts down.

Tormentor, Hope its a misprint on the 237RWHP.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:53 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tormentor

Id say the dyno was off... I had my car (auto) dyno'd with just a C&L Racer CAI with Sutton High Performance tunes and it pulled 276 rwhp and 296 rwtqand that was on a dyno jet.
I put my car back to stock form and had my car dyno'd again today on a Mustang Dyno and my stock #s are 237 Rwhp and 297 rwtq, talk about a let down, I put the Intake back on and have pulleys waitingto be installed next weekend then I am going to have it dyno'd again.
237 Rwhp......
MAAAAAN I think Id have a nervous break down if I got those numbers. + 1 on the who cares about the numbers as long as it feels good.

C&l racer,cmcv.udp,93 lamotta tune my numbers were.MAX POWER = 292.58 MAX TORQUE = 308.75
RUN CONDITIONS: 94.40 F HUMIDITY: 37%

Ill be going back this week with the o/r h installed plus it is also going to be close to 30 degrees coolerso im hoping to hit 300 . I am running a vmp tune right now thatI gotafter I installed my h pipe.so I wil have lamotta upload me a new tune from themwith my h-pipe and compare there tunes on the dyno, Its crunch time baby,lol $60 2 DYNO PULLS.

I live in fl so i must say its like a new car to me cause it never got to breathe cool air before. I moved from canada and used to park my fox 5.0 for the winters seems i may do the opposite here , park my car for the summer,lol feels like im strangling it in this HEAAAAAT.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Cars a touch lean. It may be pulling timing.

Drop $50 with VMP Tuning and see if you can get a stock pull from the same dyno
with the same gears and trans.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:23 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tormentor

Id say the dyno was off... I had my car (auto) dyno'd with just a C&L Racer CAI with Sutton High Performance tunes and it pulled 276 rwhp and 296 rwtqand that was on a dyno jet.
I put my car back to stock form and had my car dyno'd again today on a Mustang Dyno and my stock #s are 237 Rwhp and 297 rwtq, talk about a let down, I put the Intake back on and have pulleys waitingto be installed next weekend then I am going to have it dyno'd again.
LMFAO, your car should laydown atleast 265rwhp stock. That and your not gonna gain 39rwhp from just an intake.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:31 AM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

I've never liked Steeda in the first place. :x
Old 11-25-2007, 05:17 AM
modular81
2nd Gear Member

Just by looking at the graph, your a/f ratio is way lean and the ecu is probably pulling timing as well to compensate for the lean a/f mixture. With those mods you should put down at least 300 rwhp and 315-320 lb/ft torque sae corrected on a dynojet. 50-75 dollars for a new and more reliable custom tune is a small price to pay for added power. Remember the tune is the most important thing for S197's.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:25 AM
stangoil
2nd Gear Member

LOVE THE NUMBERS GAME, NOT!!!!
You left out the ft above sea leve, I live in Edmoton ,ab at 2600 ft above sea level and my custom tune Mustang dyno is in Calgary 3600 ft. So last year I dyno"d in calgary with 9Psi 91 octane,cams and all the other crap and got 378 rwhp.
I was also disapointed so for the hell of it i went to a dyno in Edmontonmustang dyno got 402 rwhp. the number are all going to be all over the place. I f you you are happy with the power don't worry about it, which number is right on my car not sure with the new 10PSI pulley and 6500 rpm racedmybuddies corvette Z06 5 speed 505 hp beat him up to 140 mph by 2 cars. don't get caught up in numbers that is why I never post my numbers in shows they are almost always not on the same playing feild
Old 11-25-2007, 06:00 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Hey is there any chance the dyno guy botched your dyno in an effort to sell you a custom dyno tune? Did he offer to dyno tune the car for you?

I mean stuff like that happens! Had to ask.

Quick Reply: Back from dyno... disappointed.