Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

approx. time from getting VIN to build?

Old 03-09-2005, 07:37 PM
rxdork

Default approx. time from getting VIN to build?

I just rec'd my VIN about a week ago on my order place 11/9
I was wondering if anyone knew how long it take for a serialized
order to have a scheduled build date and how long it takes till
delivery? Sorry for stupid post--just getting anxious.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

Default RE: approx. time from getting VIN to build?

6-8 weeks from vin...
Once you have the vin, your dealer should have a EST deliv date..
Old 03-09-2005, 09:25 PM
05_Bullitt
I ♥ Acer

Oh my goodness... I have been waiting on my vin. Ordered my car late January. I can't believe you've been waiting this long. The dealer told me 6-8 weeks and we don't have a build date yet. It's been 6 weeks or so.

I hope you get your car. I know another dealer with a different color than the color I want with a GT on the floor. Any advise? Should I grab it?

Sorry I didn't answer your question... just being frustrated with you I suppose. []
Old 03-09-2005, 10:53 PM
stangfreak2
2nd Gear Member

depends...itll be almost a 4 month wait on a gt...you could grab that one and get an aftermarket paint job...but i bet that one wont be there for more than 1 or 2 days cuz the gt's sell fast as anything and the wait is slow as christmas
Old 03-09-2005, 11:50 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05_Bullitt

Oh my goodness... I have been waiting on my vin. Ordered my car late January. I can't believe you've been waiting this long. The dealer told me 6-8 weeks and we don't have a build date yet. It's been 6 weeks or so.

I hope you get your car. I know another dealer with a different color than the color I want with a GT on the floor. Any advise? Should I grab it?

Sorry I didn't answer your question... just being frustrated with you I suppose. []
You being frustrated? I'll show you frustrated..... I ordered mine on 11/17 and still have no VIN in sight. The dealer or the zone rep don't even know when and if I will get a car this year. If you are lucky enough to see one close to the one you want at a dealer......GRAP IT. Chnces are, you are already too late.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:23 AM
lexigirl

ORIGINAL: 05_Bullitt

I say grab it if you still can. I was going to order a windveil blue one, but the wait would have sent me to the loony bin. Instead I found what I wanted at a dealer an hour away in a different color. Trust me, this car is way cool in ANY color. I get thumbs up, nods and stares all the time, and almost every time I come out of a store, there's someone checking out my stang.

Maybe you're good at waiting. I'm not. I say go for it!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

GO FOR IT.........
Old 03-21-2005, 10:35 AM
05_Bullitt
I ♥ Acer

I got my Car! I couldn't take being in limbo. It was very difficult to find what I wanted... After about 400 phone calls all over the country I found exactly what I ordered sitting on a lot.

I took a train to pick it up on St. Patrick's day. It was worth the extra time it took to find exactly what I wanted rather than settling for a different color without all the options I wanted.

And by the way... This car is simply awesome. I can't drive anywhere without people pointing and looking. The green really sets it off nicely.

So... if you're waiting and no answers... Find one! I travelled about 1,000 miles to pick it up.

- Dave
Old 03-21-2005, 10:48 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Your only "getting" anxious? I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago, and I am already jumping out of my skin with all the different stories and rumors I see posted on here. You've been waiting a lot longer than me..I'd be going nuts and making all sorts of noise if I were in your shoes...

I'm just holding out hope that the announcement of the increase in production will reward us for our waiting with a quick delivery!!
Old 03-21-2005, 11:14 AM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

I can only relate what's happened with my order since I'm in OH.

Ordered 2/6...C/U 2/20....order pulled for production 2/24.....VIN # assigned 3/18.....build date 3/24.....

I expect it to arrive sometime next week.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: approx. time from getting VIN to build?