Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequencing Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 11:36 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sequencing Taillights

i have already put in my kit and one on a friend lime gt webelectronics and he sent me back $ 80.00 for the 2 kits $ 139.00 total cost per kit. he uses ford harnes 20 min install. its cool that all three light work now for brake and turn instead of just 2
Old 03-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hybridmoments

I know what you mean ...My wife got popped somewhere near oceanside by one of those intersection cameras for running a red light...needless to say she got a ticket in the mail about three weeks later for $306.00....those cameras are illegal in florida thank god!
Saw an ad, for the spray that the cameras get a fuzzy number with, no ticket. Wonder if it works ??
Old 03-13-2005, 01:05 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

I guess it would be worth a try as long as the spray didn't cost more than 306.00 bucks lol
Old 03-13-2005, 07:55 PM
HEMIstang
1st Gear Member

Do not waste your money. A local TV station here did a test using various ways to obstruct the plate including the spray. It did not work.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:02 PM
MorningCruiser

ORIGINAL: HEMIstang

Do not waste your money. A local TV station here did a test using various ways to obstruct the plate including the spray. It did not work.
Wrong, there are redlight/multinova (photoradar) license plate covers available. They're coated with tint, and from high/deep side angles you cannot see anything due to the tinting of the plate. They cost about $75.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:13 PM
HEMIstang
1st Gear Member

I was commenting on the spray not a cover. BTW if there is such a cover that works it is illegal in MD to obstruct your plate in any way. My guess here in MD your more likely to to get a ticket for the plate cover than not getting caught running a light.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:18 PM
MorningCruiser

ORIGINAL: HEMIstang

I was commenting on the spray not a cover. BTW if there is such a cover that works it is illegal in MD to obstruct your plate in any way. My guess here in MD your more likely to to get a ticket for the plate cover than not getting caught running a light.
Most people simply place them underneath the dealership plate surrounds and say that they came from the dealer that way.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:40 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

I bought the ones from Web Electric and am satisfied so far. There's a lot to be said for true plug-n-play. Yeah, it cost a bit much, but if something goes wrong with it, I still have my original harness (but I'll be out $179 [X(]). Another cool feature, to me, is that it sequences the brake lights when you first hit the brakes. It eliminates the need to get a flashing high-mounted center stop light if you're considering that. I noticed one time that it made a lady behind me really stand on her brakes because she thought I was breaking harder than I actually was. I guess it's a subconscious thing that one would think the more lights come on, the harder you're braking.

Something that would really be cool would be if they sequenced on then flashed 3 times.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:01 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Premi
Another cool feature, to me, is that it sequences the brake lights when you first hit the brakes. It eliminates the need to get a flashing high-mounted center stop light if you're considering that. I noticed one time that it made a lady behind me really stand on her brakes because she thought I was breaking harder than I actually was. I guess it's a subconscious thing that one would think the more lights come on, the harder you're braking.
The kit I'm talking about does the same thing when you hit the brakes!
Dave...
Old 03-14-2005, 04:15 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

I'm curious, what is causing the price for this to be so high? Maybe it's not too high, just seems so to me. I got to say it is a pretty neat mod though.

Quick Reply: Sequencing Taillights