Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been looking - convince me...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 06:57 PM
4Wdrift

Default Been looking - convince me...

I've been looking at the '05 GT - like the retro looks (reminds me of my youth [sm=smiley20.gif]). Drove one & it felt gooood (much improvement over my long gone '87 5.0LX). Now the questions (search here is not working?):

I've heard about some problems with whining difs & shakey hoods at speed. Any substance to these reports? Anything else been any significant problem with the car? TIA [sm=smiley4.gif]
Old 03-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Been looking - convince me...

Never heard of those two things. I've had my car up to 145 and the hood was fine and there were no wierd noises. There are some little problems here and there but nothing major with the engine or suspension or somthing like that. Rattles, messed up cd players, problems filling gas tanks, you know stuff like that. I havn't had a problem with my cd player or with the gas tank but I did have the heat sheild rattle. Just 2 bolts fixes the problem.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Convince you to buy an 05~!!~![:-] I wont say anything. lol

But yeah, there is no real problems with them. Very impressive for a first year car for FORD... Then again, the 6.0 liter Diesel they produced is now just comming up to 100,000 miles on them and they are blowing apart like everything was made from ice. JUNK! Thank god they are comming up with a bigger engine, with DUAL turbos. YUP!
Old 03-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

Convince you to buy an 05~!!~![:-] I wont say anything. lol

But yeah, there is no real problems with them. Very impressive for a first year car for FORD... Then again, the 6.0 liter Diesel they produced is now just comming up to 100,000 miles on them and they are blowing apart like everything was made from ice. JUNK! Thank god they are comming up with a bigger engine, with DUAL turbos. YUP!
I always liked the cummings diesel more than any ford diesel out there.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Well the 6.0 is FORD's first diesel engine. So i guess i like it, PLENTY of power, but i guess high milage it doesnt last. I hope the next will... I will give them a chance, its their first try.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4Wdrift

I've been looking at the '05 GT - like the retro looks (reminds me of my youth [sm=smiley20.gif]). Drove one & it felt gooood (much improvement over my long gone '87 5.0LX). Now the questions (search here is not working?):

I've heard about some problems with whining difs & shakey hoods at speed. Any substance to these reports? Anything else been any significant problem with the car? TIA [sm=smiley4.gif]

How can you drive a 05 GT, and not be convinced ?? I was also looking at new vette's, and while this may not be the fastest Mustang ever built, it sure is a lot of car for the $$. I was sold, and have enjoyed the last 1200 miles !!

You will too........
Old 03-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

Well the 6.0 is FORD's first diesel engine. So i guess i like it, PLENTY of power, but i guess high milage it doesnt last. I hope the next will... I will give them a chance, its their first try.

I always wondered about the new 6.0, isn't it made in Mexico ?? Anyway, I had an 2001 F350 crew cab dually, powerstroke, from 2001-2003. It was awsome. Of course I sort of ran over eveything with it. lol curbs, at the fast food drive through and all. I got tired of the huge monthly payment, and my friend never finished the race car, I was going to tow to the track.

What year is the new twin turbo truck due out ?? I better get my 05 GT, tang paid for, cause I need a truck for haulin !!
Old 03-14-2005, 06:18 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

convince you to buy a mustang? hahah.. were not asking you to buy one.. if you need to be convince then this car is not for you.. [sm=closed.gif]
Old 03-14-2005, 06:25 PM
MorningCruiser

I personally think that it is the best car in it's price range... While it's no SRT-4 for bang for your buck power (or ease of modability either, a Stage 3 SRT-4, which is due to be released in April, can spank a stock Viper all day long... And that's a $6000 mod), it's a rear wheel drive true-to-its-name muscle car. The Pontiac GTO is a piece of crap in my opinion. The Mustang also has annoying factory features like traction control which closes the throttle body... Which is comparitively worse than the more advanced systems on MBs and BMWs where it applies the brake to the slipping wheel...

However, for $35,000 (canadian), it's not exactly beatable.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty

I always liked the cummings diesel more than any ford diesel out there.

Nice motor... it's the REST of the truck I worry about!

Quick Reply: Been looking - convince me...