Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather seating

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 08:33 PM
GOPONYGO

Default Leather seating

Can anyone tell me which part of the seating is leather. Someone told me the back of the seats is vinyl. What about the side trim and head rest. It's hard to tell. I want to preserve the leather with a leather conditioner and want to avoid applying this stuff on vinyl...
Old 03-14-2005, 08:45 PM
MorningCruiser

Default RE: Leather seating

Depending on which interior you have...

If it's the red interior, I believe it's the front/rear sitting surface. As in, headrest front, seatback front, sides of seats, bottom of seat. Back seat is full leather. Back of the fronts is leatherette.

Otherwise it's Leather front seat, sitting surface only, entire bottom, and ONLY the front of the headrest/upright of the seat. Everything else (including the entire back seat) is leatherette, as far as I know.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:37 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

The back seat is all leather. I have the dark charcoal leather.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:07 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Anyone know of a good leather treatment you can get at pepboys?
Old 03-15-2005, 04:14 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

I've always believed in Mcguires's Vinyl and Rubber potion. If they had a leather product, I'd use it. Lexol is great for leather. However, Ford sells a product for both leather and vinyl. I'm pretty sure I'm going to use that. After all, they've mixed the two in this application, and they sell a wide variety of cars with either leather or vinyl interiors. I'm thinking they would be standing behind the Ford product if it does not work as promised.

FYI, I have a 26 year old BMW. All the rubber/vinyl parts, inside and out, are like new, pliable, soft, no cracks and drying. I do believe in Mcguire's treatment. Many years ago I believed in "Armour All". Used it on a rear seat of a car, religiously. Seat cracked anyway. No "Armour All" for me!

Anybody vote for Armour All with good comments?

Another thought. I decided to buy a Ford Oil Filter for this oil change. (1,500 miles, going to Red Line Oil) I was down there looking into the Ford leather/vinyl stuff anyway. Chatted with the parts guy. He said that he had heard of people gettig grief when they had an issue, but, had something besides a Ford Oil Filter on the car.

ORIGINAL: GOPONYGO

Can anyone tell me which part of the seating is leather. Someone told me the back of the seats is vinyl. What about the side trim and head rest. It's hard to tell. I want to preserve the leather with a leather conditioner and want to avoid applying this stuff on vinyl...
Old 03-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

I am confused! For the money you spent on the car for leather seating, you would think it would be all leather.

Now, I am wondering what do I have? I have a 97 and would like to condition my seats but now am not sure what products to use on my vehicle due to this thread.

Never use Armorall, it's not good for the dash. Ruined the dash in previous cars and not good for boats either.