Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whippled!!!! It's IN!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Taboo
1st Gear Member

Default Whippled!!!! It's IN!!!!!!!!!

Well after a 12 hour day, the Whipple is IN! I had such an ominous feeling when I went to turn her over but sure enough she fired. Then she whined. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... OH BABY!!

I gotta say, the fit and finish of the Whipple S/C is fantastic. Other than a few mis-matching bolts that were supplied the whole kit is something to behold.

Only been for a quick drive around the block but it's like I traded a donkey for a stallion!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Whippled!!!! It's IN!!!!!!!!!

oh no you di n't

awesome! congrats and i know that beautiful purrrrr it
makes, before all the oil is spread out......

[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=gears.gif]
Old 08-30-2007, 12:51 AM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

My friend also has the Whipple and he let me hear his car whine. It was badass.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:06 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

come on go to the 1/4 and post some times and/or dyno and post some dyno sheets
Old 08-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the Whipped family! Be sure and let the car warm up completely before any full throttle revs. All s/c'd cars need to be completely warmed before being pounded, but I've seen many people start them right up and throttle the hell out of them.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Taboo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

Welcome to the Whipped family! Be sure and let the car warm up completely before any full throttle revs. All s/c'd cars need to be completely warmed before being pounded, but I've seen many people start them right up and throttle the hell out of them.
That pretty much goes for all engines, actually! Sound advice!

It's a beautiful summer day here today...time to shine her up and take her for her first extended drive (aka more than around the block sheepishly at 10:30 at night!)...

Old 08-30-2007, 11:09 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Did you get the HO kit or the non-int?

Congrats, have fun letting it stretch its legs.

Any install tips or gripes to share I am compiling a list.

Thanks,
Old 08-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Taboo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

Did you get the HO kit or the non-int?

Congrats, have fun letting it stretch its legs.

Any install tips or gripes to share I am compiling a list.

Thanks,
Yeah, HO. Hell, if you are going to spend the money why get the half assed version.

As for the install, there were a few things I deviated from on the install manual (I have a PDF version of it if you want a pre-read).

Really, if I was to rate the install in a 1-10 scale (1 being the easiest, 10 being the hardest), I'd put this at a 6 - I mean you are taking apart and re and re'ing quite a bit of stuff! I just took my time and made sure I had everything on hand I needed. The Whipple kit is labeled extremely well.

It REALLY helped to have my lap top in the garage on the bench so the install manual was in living colour as opposed to black and white and fuzzy on a piece of paper.

Gripes? The fuel pump was a bit confusing as I wasn't sure of the orientation for the install. It's a tight fit to be sitting in the back with the seats out and keep messing with it while sweating my nuts off. I think I spent an hour in and out of the car cursing trying to figure it out! Pearl of wisdom: there is a small bump on the drivers side of the tank that the arrow on the fuel pump needs to line up with. Oh yeah, when you are connecting the new fuel pump harness you have to separate the pins and create a new harness. I had to locate a diagram that told me which wires were which. In the end, I couldn't get the pins to release as I only had a tiny amount of the pig tail exposed so I ended up tapping the wires and making my own harness.

Outside of that, pretty straight forward.

When are you going to get blown? [:-]

Old 08-30-2007, 12:43 PM
dennysmustang

Congrats! What were the deciding factors for you choosing the whipple - I'm debating the Whipple vs the Roush due to the fact that I am keeping my warranty. But I don't know which gives the most for the money performance wise?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:33 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dennysmustang

Congrats! What were the deciding factors for you choosing the whipple - I'm debating the Whipple vs the Roush due to the fact that I am keeping my warranty. But I don't know which gives the most for the money performance wise?
You'll only keep the warranty on the non-intercooled whipple which will give you around the same amount of hp as the roush. No one is going to warranty a stock block mustang muchover 400 crank hp.

Taboo, what bolts didn't match? Someone else posted the heat exchanger bolts didn't fit the nuts.

Quick Reply: Whippled!!!! It's IN!!!!!!!!!