Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Stang Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 02:07 AM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Automatic Stang Owners

I have to say manual. I'm not an automatic or manual stang owner but I am a manual owner. And I am a younger kid. To me everybody says a manual is so much work. It's very very very rare that I think driving a manual is a hassle. To me it's become a second nature and I can manage to talk on the phone smoke a cigarette and drive a stick at the same time. Which is enough for me. I also like to have drinks in the car when I drive which is no problem. You get used to it, and theres something you can do in a manual you can't do with an automatic, fully enjoy the performance of the vehicle and control over the vehicle. I say manual.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Cd05Mustang

You should def..get a 5 speed...yes the auto would be good in trafic but how many ppl you know that have a auto stang....i mean when ppl here mustang they think power..and with power they think 5 speed....trust me i got one if you look at both of the cars..the 5 speed look and has a nicer flow then the auto...it just looks soo outa place in the 05...
Old 03-22-2005, 09:12 PM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

I think the automatic looks just fine
Old 03-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Debris33

One wurd STICK>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;..
05 Pure stock and loving it........
Old 03-23-2005, 01:19 PM
FireMedic90

Auto here. Wanted stick because I was under the same "What's a sportscar without a 5-speed?" impression. But I settled on the auto so my wife could drive it comfortably. Now I love it. Shifts perfectly. I'm sure it will be even better with a Diablo tuner. I can remember driving stick in a car I had years ago and thinking "Jeez, I got to get an auto." It just gets to be a hassle after the novelty wears off. But thats just my opinion. I certainly would not discourage the auto.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:49 PM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

agreed
Old 03-23-2005, 05:52 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JC74

agreed
I love my auto... I was kicking all the stick's butts at the track.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:13 PM
JimmyT

Ok,...listen VERY closely...I'm going to tell you how it is...
First of all, I want to start by reminding you that you will be driving a MUSTANG. Which in fact is a very, very cool muscle car. Secondly I want you to think about what kind of experience you want owning it. Yes selecting a transmission is a very important part of that. I sincerely believe that a muscle car belongs with a manual transmission. With a manual, you are more intuned with the engine and will enjoy it that much better. If you don't want a manual, I suggest you buy another car. There is a reason that they only make vipers with manuals. Granted, there have been times where I have not been happy about driving my car through heavy traffic, but NEVER has that caused me to want an automatic. All the the cons that can be associated with a manual do NOT add up to not owning one.

Third and most important,........forget EVERYTHING I said above, and order the manual.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:40 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

If you don't want a manual, I suggest you buy another car.
Would you have the same statement to the SMG fanatics from BMW or the 7-speed auto from Mercedes. Both of those systems have been proven to shift better than a human possibly could. Would you then say that anyone who wants a manual BMW or Mercedes in cars that have those options should seek another car?

If you want to give your opinion as to what makes a manual better than an automatic FOR YOU, then by all means, but please don't preach as if you know the answer and that your musings are somehow gospel. Your statements are ridiculous and are not well received here.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:40 AM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimmyT

Ok,...listen VERY closely...I'm going to tell you how it is...
First of all, I want to start by reminding you that you will be driving a MUSTANG. Which in fact is a very, very cool muscle car. Secondly I want you to think about what kind of experience you want owning it. Yes selecting a transmission is a very important part of that. I sincerely believe that a muscle car belongs with a manual transmission. With a manual, you are more intuned with the engine and will enjoy it that much better. If you don't want a manual, I suggest you buy another car. There is a reason that they only make vipers with manuals. Granted, there have been times where I have not been happy about driving my car through heavy traffic, but NEVER has that caused me to want an automatic. All the the cons that can be associated with a manual do NOT add up to not owning one.

Third and most important,........forget EVERYTHING I said above, and order the manual.
Dude, I got to hand it to you. I think you just set a new record for pissing off a lot of people in less than 10 posts. You have an artistic way of getting your point across in an a condescending, yet informative way. Honestly, for a second there I thought about canceling my GT order, and buying a Volvo.

So I'm taking notes and here's what I got:

1. We all will be driving a Mustang.. Check

2. It's a very cool car...Check [sm=shades.gif]

3. Concentrate on my experience with my stick in my car ...Uhh..Check?

4. I will be ONE with my car

5. Lock ***** in my wifes purse

6. Abandon all independant thought

7. Worship Golden statues of JimmyT (aka Big Brother) as we all drink kool aid [sm=crossbonesgif.gif]and wait for the aliens[sm=alien.gif] to take us to our new home.

Ok I may have to edit this post in the morning. [sm=burnout.gif]

Quick Reply: Automatic Stang Owners