Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About that darn vapor trap!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:33 PM
T.J. King

Default RE: About that darn vapor trap!

Pulled the air hose from my V6 and there nis no trap. I had talked this am with the service manager. The conclusion was ( until I want to spend $$ for the Steeda) to drill a couple more holes in the airbox to feed more air to the K&N. I added four holes. At this point I have not driven it but blipping the throttle to 4G did not trigger any lights.

Tom King
05 V6 Premium coupe, 5 speed manual, IUG, traction control, side airbags. Mineral gray, tan interior.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:39 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I pulled the vapor trap out of my GT and installed the MMR CAI. All I can say is....time to find a tune!
Made the engine louder, pretty sure the car is slower, and after about 5 miles the check engine light came on. Not that I didn't expect those things to happen because I did until I get it tuned. Just reporting the initial results.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:12 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ouch.. you didnt get the SCT with it?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:17 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Not yet. Actually there are a couple of shops locally and I am going to talk with them. I am having a hard time paying $375+ for something that I will most likely only use once ( maybe twice ) when there are shops out there that already have the equipment and the software. If I can pay them considerably less to do the tune, why pay for the equipment that I am just going to leave in a box on a shelf somewhere? Then again, if they want some stupid *** price to do the tune, I will go ahead and buy the SCT. I can get it locally from the same places that I am checking with on doing a tune.

As stated earlier, I pretty much got the results I expected without a tune. Just wanted to post the results since quite a few people were asking.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:33 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

why do you have to run premium fuel? i mean to gain some extra horses you might want to but you don't have to program your car to use the higher grade stuff. if you are going to do any high proformance mods in the future it is a good investment not a waste of money. and i think with a CIA and a tuner you see a pretty good HP gain IMO it was well worth the money. with a tuner YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AFRAID [&o]
ORIGINAL: Redfire

People talk about reflashing like you could get it done for free anyplace. Most of these programs cost 100s of dollars and require you to run premium fuel. A slight increase in performance sure as hell aint worth the price to me. I took out the trap and had no probs so far. I have a K&N filter ready to go in, but now Im afraid to install it. I wish we could resolve this once and for all.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:01 AM
hybridmoments
2nd Gear Member

My X-box came with the CAI and 93 octane custom tunes and I figured 4 or 5 extra bucks a tank to run with the premium fuel...yeah my cars worth it....i still haven't taken out my HC trap yet