Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

Default CHARGE-motion plates

has any one changed their stock charge motion plate yet? how simple/difficult is it. i have one on order but don't know what the job entails.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
cmplts &CIA.predtr tuner.SHM pullys,eibach lwr kit, JBA lng tube hdrs&H pipe o/r catless, slp LM 1 axle bck, plsma bstr ignit,sqnc T lght, moto blue 62 mm throttle body, meizer elect water pump, polished c&l inlet pipe,g-tech pro rr meter
silverbullit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #2
clewin73

Default RE: CHARGE-motion plates

Any engine guru:
Adding 35 hp with pulleys, CAI, removing flappers and reprogramming is awesome - but I'd like to know the costs prior (aside from the $$$).
I've looked back and didn't see a full explanation from anyone as to any negative aspects of taking the flappers out.
I thought the purpose of the variable flapper was to provide more lower end torque by similating a longer intake flow into the engine.
It seems like taking them out will provide a little more low end HP but wouldn't that have a cost - torque mainly?
I'm just wondering what the trade off is, as nothing is free. (too bad they don't have the dyno curves for each piece added incrementally)

If it's been answered before I apologize...

Also, does anyone know of any harmonic problems or any others with the pulleys?
thanks!
Chip
clewin73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

some where in here it wasa previously posted. some one mentioned that the sean hyland motorsports pulleys were the closest thing to stock. but were still a very good high proformance pulley kit that didn't really effect harmonic's to drastically. here is the link
http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...stang_gt.shtml
cmplts &CIA.predtr tuner.SHM pullys,eibach lwr kit, JBA lng tube hdrs&H pipe o/r catless, slp LM 1 axle bck, plsma bstr ignit,sqnc T lght, moto blue 62 mm throttle body, meizer elect water pump, polished c&l inlet pipe,g-tech pro rr meter
Old 03-22-2005, 06:22 PM   #4
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

has any one installed one of these on there stangs yet? i want to know how long it takes the details how hard it is to do and what i might be in for if any one has any info on the instalation of the charge motion plate for the GT please SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #5
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005, Ford, Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to td1320

Quote:
ORIGINAL: silverbullit05

has any one installed one of these on there stangs yet? i want to know how long it takes the details how hard it is to do and what i might be in for if any one has any info on the instalation of the charge motion plate for the GT please SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE!
I talked to Steeda and they said it would require a re-flash afterwards to keep the check engine light off. There is a vacuum motor under the intake that would need to be removed that operates the flappers. So first remove the intake and then remove the plates. I believe a couple of the bolts only go through the motion plate to the head and the rest pass through the intake. I have not changed mine yet but I looked at all the parts under the hood to see what would be invoved. Also if you need a re-flash i'm not sure how Steeda will work that. I program my own SCT with the computer so I don't think they would be willing to email me their tune file for fear that I would email it to everybody else eliminating their profit.
TCI 3000 Street Fighter Converter
Stock H gutted
1.5" Drop Springs
Steeda Ultralites /305-45-18 Nitto NT05R's
11.44 @ 118.20 1.616 60ft 1/4, 7.266 @ 94.05 1/8 27 Mar 2010
td1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:33 AM   #6
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

thanks td1320 for the help i got off the phone with steeda yesterday and they are sending me the flash up date for my predator. can't wait to see what kind of diffrence this MOD will have on my every day driving.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:11 AM   #7
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005, Ford, Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to td1320

Quote:
ORIGINAL: silverbullit05

thanks td1320 for the help i got off the phone with steeda yesterday and they are sending me the flash up date for my predator. can't wait to see what kind of diffrence this MOD will have on my every day driving.
Your welcome. Let me know what kind of power it produces. I would like to put those on mine if it makes a big difference.
TCI 3000 Street Fighter Converter
Stock H gutted
1.5" Drop Springs
Steeda Ultralites /305-45-18 Nitto NT05R's
11.44 @ 118.20 1.616 60ft 1/4, 7.266 @ 94.05 1/8 27 Mar 2010
td1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:36 PM   #8
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I also would be interested to hear how they are. If they are noticeable I will definetely get them.
757GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #9
Loomis
1st Gear Member

Mine are getting put on today I will let you know if they make a diffence.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:24 PM   #10
Loomis
1st Gear Member

Got them in on friday night. I can tell the difference in the pick up on 3-4 gear. did put in the flywheel and 4:10 gears also, but she didnt seem lagging at the higher speeds like she did before. If you look at the factory one they were really restricted. if you like running fast then I would get them. Just my opinion I could be wrong.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:24 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
charge, gutting, motion, plates