Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Cluster Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:23 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Instrument Cluster Upgrade?

cool let us know how it works. so does it also come with the dash switch across from the tcs and hazard switch?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:35 PM
azguy

This was discussed on another forum and someone posted that you would also need an Instrument Cluster Switch (#4R3z10d889aa) in order to use the Message Center after the upgrade.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:50 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

thanks i'm new to this . it really helps
Old 03-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Rallsolo

Would you happen to have a link to that discussion? I would really appreciate it, and I appreciate the heads up on the switch!
Old 03-24-2005, 02:45 PM
azguy

ORIGINAL: Rallsolo

Would you happen to have a link to that discussion? I would really appreciate it, and I appreciate the heads up on the switch!
Here is the link. Hope it helps.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...rument+cluster
Old 03-24-2005, 02:56 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

so Rallsolo, I just got of the phone with ED the parts manager at the link you posted. he needs to talk to you buy the way. (he needs your vin to fill the order) he is checking into som questions i had about sending units and such. he also is checking on the switch we will need. he is going to email me with the info and i will let you know. thanks for geting this started im myself am looking forward to upgrading the dash
Old 03-24-2005, 03:27 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Hi Tom, here is the info, according to our lead master tech, the process to do the swap would consist of flashing old cluster and pulling out it’s data and then flash new unit and installing that data, basically a data swap, this can be done with a NGS PLUS or WDS ONLY! AS FAR AS OIL SENDING UNIT IT IS THE SAME FOR THE 4.0L AS THE 4.6L. The gauge is fed from the PCM and the gauge is really a dummy gauge and not a true pressure gauge if there is pressure it reads ok, if pressure drops the gauge drops. It does not read actual pressure. He agrees to do the upgrade the only thing needed to do is the flashing of the clusters and then PCM. Add switch and it should work.

Ed
Old 03-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Rallsolo

Got all my parts in and am having the dealer install it Monday. One gotcha is a 300 core charge on the cluster. My dealer got the instructions on the upgrade from Ford and says there should be no issues. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:43 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I dont get it.. for the IUP when you buy the car its what 400-450 with message center.. but if you got your car without it so you CAN get your car on a timely bases you would think we would give free install or a major discount. I wanted the IUP.. but even the dealers and sales people said not to get it because it would put a delay in getting the cars!!.. So now If I want it I have to pay 800-1000 for it?? Whos a@@ do we chew out?
Old 03-31-2005, 05:05 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

I dont get it.. for the IUP when you buy the car its what 400-450 with message center.. but if you got your car without it so you CAN get your car on a timely bases you would think we would give free install or a major discount. I wanted the IUP.. but even the dealers and sales people said not to get it because it would put a delay in getting the cars!!.. So now If I want it I have to pay 800-1000 for it?? Whos a@@ do we chew out?
I think about a month or two ago they might have been correct in stating that getting IUP on your order would delay it. Some say it was because of the IUP lawsuit. But, right now, IUP will not delay an order (but dealer allotment will).

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster Upgrade?