Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another poser thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Another poser thread.

Who cares? These threads get so old, it's like they keep popping up more than anything on this site.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Perhaps try to refrain from clicking on the ones you don't care about>
Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Is there a women's forum where they start threads about seeing someone with fake b[:-]bs and call her a poser?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:57 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Are you here to cause problems or do you ever contribute anything to a thread?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Are you here to cause problems or do you ever contribute anything to a thread?

I contribute where I can. I am old school with a new toy, but I didn't start this thread. I am an energetic contributor. What exactly are you?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:03 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

I've never seen you contribute anything to a thread but smug remarks. Carry on, if you wish to talk more about it send me a PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:10 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I just wanted an answer from a poser. A poser who has to make his car what it isn't. I'm not angry . I'm just curious. If I said I had a shelby and couldn't back it up then I would feel like a phony. I can see down playing what you have but making it something greater than it is doesn't calculate with me. To the V-6 owner who is only 19 you kick ***!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:29 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Why will these threads not die [:@]? Very old subject and really has nothing to do with anything tech on this forum! But my take is if you are happy who really cares what others think! Later J
Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 AM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

I'll give you an answer....one maybe you will not like. It all starts with what you portray your car as. A person could put nascar stickers on a Fusion, but guess what it's not a Nascar and I'm sure they won't say it is when asked. When people ask me, and say "Hey is that a Shelby" my response is simple..........No, Since a child I always loved the Look and the Color Combos of the Shelby GT 350, but Ford does nto make one or one that I can afford, the dealers mark them up 10,000 over sticker, so I built one myself.

But as you can probably see I nor most of the people that post here could even touch one. So Ford comes along with this new S197. The car is a blank canvas, you can go any direction with it and it looks good. People do the Hot Wheels Body kits for the racer Look, I see BOSS Clones, or MACH I Clones, GT 350 tributes, GT 500 dress ups, Cervini's Elenor, West Coasts Shelby. Guess what they are all Poser's then in your opinion. The line in the sand needs to be drawn somewhere, and that line is when you are asked if it is "Authentic Shelby, Boss, or MACH, you have to reply no, I've dressed it like one because that is my favorite all time mustang, and Ford just don't make them to where I can Afford it, Justify it, Physically Own it (Casue they don't make it) or Hell even drive it, becasue if your modding and racing and driving a Shelby like they are meant to be driven your just pissing money away.

The issue I have with you and many other's "Poser Posts" are, that they are all Disrespectful. Somewhere along your little day, you seen a Car that must have caught your eye for some reason (maybe you really liked it?) then you inspect it further like most Mustang Guys would, and you could probably determine easily that it was not the "REAL DEAL" So instead of asking the owner about his car to strike up "motorhead talk" as I call it, you scurry on home and log onto your computer, go to this forum or any other one and basically berate a guy or gal for building a car that "THEY" not "YOU" want or like. The best thing is you don't even know them, nor do you know their story. There is another guy on this forum that built a GT 350 Tribute for his father. Truly a great story, and a really great looking car. I know some of the people here tried to knock him down for doing so. It is days like those or posts from other mustang owners like this about these things, that will make any real mustang enthusiast cringe and feel small because some of our brotheren are no more than deceatful, disrespectful people, that will jump to a conclusion or try to humiliate you on a public forum for not having the same views as the "popular majority"

Remember it is Easy to follow, and alot harder to stand out and lead. I hope you can read this reply and take it for what it is, and that is what you wanted. I hope you can at the very least be a bit more respectful to other Mustang Owners that don't share your beliefs about how to or how not to dress up their vehicles. Until then enjoy your winter and we'll see ya out at the Shows in the Spring.

-Jason
Old 01-22-2008, 11:53 AM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vack75

I'll give you an answer....one maybe you will not like. It all starts with what you portray your car as. A person could put nascar stickers on a Fusion, but guess what it's not a Nascar and I'm sure they won't say it is when asked. When people ask me, and say "Hey is that a Shelby" my response is simple..........No, Since a child I always loved the Look and the Color Combos of the Shelby GT 350, but Ford does nto make one or one that I can afford, the dealers mark them up 10,000 over sticker, so I built one myself.

But as you can probably see I nor most of the people that post here could even touch one. So Ford comes along with this new S197. The car is a blank canvas, you can go any direction with it and it looks good. People do the Hot Wheels Body kits for the racer Look, I see BOSS Clones, or MACH I Clones, GT 350 tributes, GT 500 dress ups, Cervini's Elenor, West Coasts Shelby. Guess what they are all Poser's then in your opinion. The line in the sand needs to be drawn somewhere, and that line is when you are asked if it is "Authentic Shelby, Boss, or MACH, you have to reply no, I've dressed it like one because that is my favorite all time mustang, and Ford just don't make them to where I can Afford it, Justify it, Physically Own it (Casue they don't make it) or Hell even drive it, becasue if your modding and racing and driving a Shelby like they are meant to be driven your just pissing money away.

The issue I have with you and many other's "Poser Posts" are, that they are all Disrespectful. Somewhere along your little day, you seen a Car that must have caught your eye for some reason (maybe you really liked it?) then you inspect it further like most Mustang Guys would, and you could probably determine easily that it was not the "REAL DEAL" So instead of asking the owner about his car to strike up "motorhead talk" as I call it, you scurry on home and log onto your computer, go to this forum or any other one and basically berate a guy or gal for building a car that "THEY" not "YOU" want or like. The best thing is you don't even know them, nor do you know their story. There is another guy on this forum that built a GT 350 Tribute for his father. Truly a great story, and a really great looking car. I know some of the people here tried to knock him down for doing so. It is days like those or posts from other mustang owners like this about these things, that will make any real mustang enthusiast cringe and feel small because some of our brotheren are no more than deceatful, disrespectful people, that will jump to a conclusion or try to humiliate you on a public forum for not having the same views as the "popular majority"

Remember it is Easy to follow, and alot harder to stand out and lead. I hope you can read this reply and take it for what it is, and that is what you wanted. I hope you can at the very least be a bit more respectful to other Mustang Owners that don't share your beliefs about how to or how not to dress up their vehicles. Until then enjoy your winter and we'll see ya out at the Shows in the Spring.

-Jason
Well stated. I did a GT500 conversion for the front, Shelby spoiler in back but mine is a GT. Now I have the look I wanted. My car, my way.

Quick Reply: Another poser thread.