Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


How to remove rear speakers??

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2005, 09:22 PM   #1
Refonbass
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 62
Default How to remove rear speakers??

Hey just a quick question from anyone who has removed that rear carpeted deck behind the rear seats to get at the speakers.
what needs to be done to get this peice off..
thanks for any tips.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________
Black Procharged 05 GT
Refonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
Redfire
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 516
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

It wouldnt have been necessary to remove the deck IF they had mounted the speakers BELOW the opening. Its a great car, but not thoroughly thought out. Like that business of having to remove the entire taillight assy to change a bulb.
__________________
'05 GT Premium,5-speed, dark charcoal, IUP , Redfire metallic, stock Bullit style mags, active alarm system, sequentials, C&L intake wPredator tune, Roush hood scoop, Tri Ax shifter with Hurst T handle, Flowmasters, UD Pulleys,3:73 gears, LCAs
Redfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:52 PM   #3
hawgman
I ♥ Acer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,225
Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

As long as we're on a speaker thread ( and sorry, not trying to hijack your thread ) anyone know what size the door panel speakers are? No, not the woofers, the upper panel speakers.
hawgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 12:12 AM   #4
Refonbass
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 62
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

nevermind.. done
__________________
Black Procharged 05 GT
Refonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:35 PM   #5
baltimucho
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location:
Posts: 35
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

Refonbass... Could you enlighten me on the process? Thanks!
__________________
'05 Legend Lime GT
baltimucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:14 PM   #6
delurker
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 537
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

Quote:
ORIGINAL: hawgman

As long as we're on a speaker thread ( and sorry, not trying to hijack your thread ) anyone know what size the door panel speakers are? No, not the woofers, the upper panel speakers.
It's a combo - pretty sure it's a 4" in there with the tweeter. I can check when I get home (have mine in a box).
delurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:17 PM   #7
don_w
I ♥ Acer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,939
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??


Quote:
ORIGINAL: delurker

Quote:
ORIGINAL: hawgman

As long as we're on a speaker thread ( and sorry, not trying to hijack your thread ) anyone know what size the door panel speakers are? No, not the woofers, the upper panel speakers.
It's a combo - pretty sure it's a 4" in there with the tweeter. I can check when I get home (have mine in a box).
LOL... yo delurker, hawgman's question is two months old. Now that he has totally revamped his factory system, I'm pretty sure he knows more about that than just about any of us!
don_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:30 PM   #8
delurker
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 537
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

LOL, well, then I blame baltimucho for bringing this thread back from the dead... [8D]
delurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:48 PM   #9
don_w
I ♥ Acer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,939
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??


Quote:
ORIGINAL: delurker

LOL, well, then I blame baltimucho for bringing this thread back from the dead... [8D]
Shame on you baltimucho... [&o]
don_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #10
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 2005, Ford, Mustang GT
Location: Virginia
Posts: 356
Send a message via AIM to nbk13nw Send a message via Yahoo to nbk13nw
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

The front doors use a 6x8 mounting plate that is holding a 4" full range and a 1" tweeter. The rear are also 6x8 but are using a very flimsy full range speaker as well. 5x7 or 6x8 will fit into the spaces provided. To remove the rear speakers just carefully pry the speaker covers off. You will find 4 torx (Hex) screws holding them down.
__________________
05 Mustang GT Black / Red Leather

Flowmaster-SCT-JLT CAI-Koni STR.T-FRPP Deletes-FRPP 4:10's-TA Girdle-BBK UDP's-J&M-Hurst-Foose-BFG
nbk13nw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:51 PM   #11
delurker
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 537
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

Too funny. This exact same thing happened on StangNet a week ago - I didn't notice I was responding to a 5-month old question - one of the mods was laffin' at me for doing so, and right after I gave the "d'oh!" response, someone else followed up to the 5-month old question.
delurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:17 PM   #12
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 2005, Ford, Mustang GT
Location: Virginia
Posts: 356
Send a message via AIM to nbk13nw Send a message via Yahoo to nbk13nw
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

Yup, it seems that this is "nail in the coffin" for walking behind the short bus for me!
__________________
05 Mustang GT Black / Red Leather

Flowmaster-SCT-JLT CAI-Koni STR.T-FRPP Deletes-FRPP 4:10's-TA Girdle-BBK UDP's-J&M-Hurst-Foose-BFG
nbk13nw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:32 AM   #13
delurker
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 537
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

Well, I'll enjoy the walk behind the short bus with you then. This makes twice I've brought back a dead thread to provide answers that have long ago lost relevance.
delurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #14
baltimucho
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location:
Posts: 35
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

Well, I'm glad some of you got answers from this resurrected thread... But I'd still like to know how to remove the rear deck panel without tearing it in half. =)
__________________
'05 Legend Lime GT
baltimucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:48 PM   #15
delurker
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 537
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

I can't really answer that one, as I had all the work on mine performed at my favorite shop (although that's an answer in itself).
delurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:00 PM   #16
baltimucho
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location:
Posts: 35
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??

I found this on another forum...

"First, make sure you have the torx bit set. My suggestion is also to get one of those ratcheting wrenches. The torx bit screws for the rear speakers are in a tight spot. Follow these steps:
- Remove door step plates
- Remove Bench rear seat and both seat backs.
- Remove rear side plastic covers (where the rear seatbelts go though) these are tough. you need to unseat them by pulling towards front of car then towards the center of the car. There are at least 6 clips holding it in in different positions) DO ANY kind of work you want to do now to the back as these are a P.I.T.A.
- once you get the side covers off, there are 2 push-clips on each side of the rear deck lid carpeting. Pry these out gently. I suggest buying some at lowes. You can find them in the speciatly fasteners. they are never the same once you pull them out once.
- the entire rear deck lid cover slides out easily
- the speakers are easily accessable now. you will see why you need the small tools now.
- HINT.. you cannot see the speaker screws at all from inside the car because its such a tight space. get yourself a mirror and place on the outside rear glass facing in. you can work from the mirror alot easier!"

Looks like my Saturday will be fun-filled!
__________________
'05 Legend Lime GT
baltimucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:55 PM   #17
don_w
I ♥ Acer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,939
Default RE: How to remove rear speakers??


Quote:
ORIGINAL: baltimucho

I found this on another forum...

"First, make sure you have the torx bit set. My suggestion is also to get one of those ratcheting wrenches. The torx bit screws for the rear speakers are in a tight spot. Follow these steps:
- Remove door step plates
- Remove Bench rear seat and both seat backs.
- Remove rear side plastic covers (where the rear seatbelts go though) these are tough. you need to unseat them by pulling towards front of car then towards the center of the car. There are at least 6 clips holding it in in different positions) DO ANY kind of work you want to do now to the back as these are a P.I.T.A.
- once you get the side covers off, there are 2 push-clips on each side of the rear deck lid carpeting. Pry these out gently. I suggest buying some at lowes. You can find them in the speciatly fasteners. they are never the same once you pull them out once.
- the entire rear deck lid cover slides out easily
- the speakers are easily accessable now. you will see why you need the small tools now.
- HINT.. you cannot see the speaker screws at all from inside the car because its such a tight space. get yourself a mirror and place on the outside rear glass facing in. you can work from the mirror alot easier!"

Looks like my Saturday will be fun-filled!

OK.. right...

I would use delurker's method. Much easier. LOL
don_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:55 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Tags
01, 05, 2005, 2010, 2011, coupe, install, mustang, rear, removal, remove, removing, replace, speaker, speakers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOW TO: 07+ Rear Speaker Replacement (and mod) stangdude81 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section 21 08-15-2012 08:24 AM
has anyone upgraded the rear speakers? bplemmons 2005 - 2014 Mustangs 11 11-27-2006 12:20 PM
Looking to get new speakers ucdgreek 2005 - 2014 Mustangs 14 09-10-2006 02:24 AM

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup