Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caliper Decals

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:38 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default Caliper Decals

Posted this in the V6 Section but hoping to get a few more people to see this.[sm=smiley20.gif]

I'm trying to order decals for my caliper, yet can't seem to find any place that still sells them due to illegal copy right laws.

I've tried emailing http://www.xenonmods.com/ yet I get no reply. Been over two weeks.

Does anyone know where I can order either just "MUSTANG" in text or even better, the pony including the text. Here is a picture (appologize if this is someones car):

Thanks!

Old 01-28-2008, 06:12 AM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Caliper Decals

bump - I'm kinda wondering too.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

unfortuantely i don't have any helpful info regarding where to find the decals, but from what i've heard they are extremely hard to come by because of fmc's crackdown on copyright infringement. btw, i'm not 100% sure, but i think xenonmods stopped making em.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 AM
luvrbcs
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmsmith

Posted this in the V6 Section but hoping to get a few more people to see this.[sm=smiley20.gif]

I'm trying to order decals for my caliper, yet can't seem to find any place that still sells them due to illegal copy right laws.

I've tried emailing http://www.xenonmods.com/ yet I get no reply. Been over two weeks.

Does anyone know where I can order either just "MUSTANG" in text or even better, the pony including the text. Here is a picture (appologize if this is someones car):

Thanks!

Try this link.

https://mustangforums.com/m_4517756/tm.htm
Old 01-28-2008, 07:50 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

That was my other post.

tmsmith

Posted this in the V6 Section
Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 AM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I found out about the crackdown recently myself when looking for caliper decals. Although, the way xenonmods describes it on their website, they almost make it sounds as if THEY can't provide the image, but it YOU provided the same image (i.e. Mustang font, pony symbol) they could make it. Almost like they're saying "as long as WE don't provide (i.e. steal) Ford's trademarks, we're going to try to get around the issue."

Maybe I'm just trying too hard to read between the lines, but it just seemed odd the way it was worded. I've been tempted to try it and see what happens - just haven't yet.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Hey, thats my car... Whoo, somebody else use my photo.. J/K If you find where to get them done, let me know please. I am changing the color of my calipers to Redfire, and need to get some more.
Thanks.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:44 PM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

I guess I understand Ford's position and all but if they don't make the stinking part, why should they care? All this stuff feeds a group of enthusiasts who are very loyal to aFord product. One would think it can only help in the long run.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

You can't get the pony's now. You can still get the MUSTANG text last time I heard (end of last year) by ordering custome text. I emailed them also but received no response. I ordered the lettering anyways and it showed up in a fairly timely manor. I wouldn't call it the speediest and most comunication oriented place but still.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:36 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

When did you order them? Do you have any pictures handy? I'd like to see them before I order.

I'm guessing this was from http://www.xenonmods.com/?

Quick Reply: Caliper Decals