Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brights and fogs at the same time

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Brights and fogs at the same time

you're a big *** nuke[8D]

but legit i drive with my fogs on 24/7.... i read some stat that said ppl who drive with lights on during day are some amount less likely to get in an accident, and that was enough justification for me, plus i like my fogs
Old 01-28-2008, 03:04 PM
d4rb
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

I agree completely! It is legal. Just mentioning that the cop used it as an excuse. Cop said d4rb was blinding people with his fogs.[&:]

There are those times when I preffer to fly low and not draw attention. Hence not running with fogs is the order of the day....err night!

Just thought it worthy of mention is all.
Yep. I think you're right though. He was just looking for drunks or something. He was behind me the whole time, so he never saw my headlights, except when he pulled up slightly ahead of me at a stop light. It wasn't too bad though. He only wasted about 2 minutes of my time. He left and went the opposite direction, and I turned my fogs right back on. They are OEM equipment, operating as designed. They are not illegal. To hell with that cop.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Burnsy

but legit i drive with my fogs on 24/7.... i read some stat that said ppl who drive with lights on during day are some amount less likely to get in an accident, and that was enough justification for me, plus i like my fogs
You're entitled to your opinion despite me nowtelling you to KMA. LOL! I DID say flame away so I was expecting that.

Using your fogs as DRL's is a good idea, IMO. I think though, at night and NOT foggy or raining or snowing, that the fogs with the headlights is a distraction. Not illegal, but a distraction. Must be my A.D.D.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:10 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

The problem with fogs is that they shed light in almost every direction.

The headlights are directed downwards towards the road, that's why the fogs are annoying at night.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:12 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nuke

If you're blinding someone with your fog lights, then they're NOT fog lights. They'redriving lights. Fog lights (if meant as fogs) don't havea pattern that out-throw the headlights.

Personally, and this is simply MY opinion. people that drive with their fog lights on when it's not dark and raining or snowing or foggy out are annoying. But that's just my opinion. Flame away...

I'm not blinding them. The light pattern shines only 30 feet down the road. Unless they are laying on their side in the road and looking at me from 30 feet or less, it isn't shining in their eyes. I really don't care if my fogs are annoying to others or not. They need to get over it. The fogs help me identify some of the 250+ resident deer that live inside the city limits of our town and who frequently become suicide jockeys are dart out in front of me and others. They just blast me cause they count 4 lights, NOT because they are blinding them.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:14 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

The headlights are directed downwards towards the road, that's why the fogs are annoying at night.

No they don't. Turn yours on and off at night and you will see they're limitations. 30 feet at most and down too.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:18 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

No they don't. Turn yours on and off at night and you will see they're limitations. 30 feet at most and down too.
My bad. Good to know, I always thought they light in many different direction to give you the best vision in foggy weather.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:19 PM
d4rb
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

+1. They fill up the gap between the front bumper and where the beginning of the regular headlight throw is on my car. I guess if you're missing the part that surrounds the bulb to focus the beam, it could be an issue. But if they are operating as designed they will not blind anybody.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:20 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

No, they just typically get under the fog so you can still see the road. Keeps you from driving off the side of the road.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:30 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

the same statapplies to people that drive at the speed limit or under it. Theyget in lessaccident. Do you follow that one to?You dont have to get personal and call people names either.

ORIGINAL: Burnsy

Quick Reply: Brights and fogs at the same time