Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

here is my delima

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 02:41 PM
MMike

Default RE: here is my delima

30k profit? i would!
Old 03-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Sping

You're dreaming if you think you can make that sort of money selling in the UK. You have to ship the car and get it through an SVA test, say $3k then there is 10% duty on the cost of the car including the shipping. And then you add the 2 together and there is another 17.5% tax to pay and so you end up with a figure of about say £26k for a loaded GT vert and maybe 21 22k for a GT. There are plenty of importers here who are only taking 2 or 3k out of the deal.

Stick to the lottery for your shelby.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:43 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

it is already over here dude i am driving it already.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:48 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

just courious where are you getting those #'s from. i spent 27k american for every thing all those inspections and light modifications do not cost that much and were free on my car military clause. yes it did cost to ship it over here and yes there is a vat tax but is is exempt for me unless i sale it to a non military. and was all included in the price listed above
ORIGINAL: Sping

You're dreaming if you think you can make that sort of money selling in the UK. You have to ship the car and get it through an SVA test, say $3k then there is 10% duty on the cost of the car including the shipping. And then you add the 2 together and there is another 17.5% tax to pay and so you end up with a figure of about say £26k for a loaded GT vert and maybe 21 22k for a GT. There are plenty of importers here who are only taking 2 or 3k out of the deal.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:49 PM
MMike

ORIGINAL: Sping

Your figures dont add up. £12k for a V6 plus 27.5% (although if you own the car 6mths in the US you avoid these) totals about 15.5k plus what, £1k for shipping. £16.5k and they are going for nearly £30 here.. looks like a good profit to me.

Doesnt really matter, the OP is a special case thanks to his military background.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:50 PM
MMike

FYI http://www.import-car.info/worth-it.shtml
Old 03-29-2005, 02:54 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the back up mmike
Old 03-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Sping

OK, so the car is already here, you got a military discount. I say go for it, you've got a head start on anyone else trying to sell them. You've bought at the right price.
Best of luck to you and I mean that sincerely.
I'm bringing over a vert which is costing me £26k on the road which is a much lower price than you see at the car importers, but remember a lot of them offer finance and warranty.

BTW where are V6 selling for £25-30K?
Old 03-29-2005, 03:52 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

i can look on ebay uk that is what i am basing my prices off of because that is how i will probubly have to sale it. i have the 7 year 75,000 mile warranty i don't know if it transfers over to the dealerships that import these cars. i think they would have to take it to an aafe's dealer ship wich means they would have to live near a base unless they didn't mind driving.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Lugn
1st Gear Member

Sell and get a new one!

I'm in a similar situation. I'm Swedish, but I live in the US.
I bought the car on the x-plan here and in Sweden it would have cost me a little more than $50k.

What's good about my case is that according to Swedish import regulations I am allowed to take a car with me home if I decide to move there for a while. Tax free and with no customs fees added!! Same thing for my wife.
Only thing is that I have to have owned it here for a year first.
I'm then free to sell to whoever I choose.

Considering that sales tax in Sweden is 25%, it's a pretty good deal...

Quick Reply: here is my delima