Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those of you with Cervinis eleanor front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Default Those of you with Cervinis eleanor front bumper

Since there are 2 sets of fog lights (the small super white ones in the bumper, and the bigger fog lights in the middle of the bottom grill) how are the second set of fog lights hooked up? are they just spliced into the other set of fog lights? or is there a seperate switch to turn them on, on your dash? or are they wired to the running lights?
Because im about to buy this front bumper and install it myself but I wouldn't really like to add another switch into my dash.. i'd prolyl screw that up hehe
Old 02-05-2008, 02:53 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Those of you with Cervinis eleanor front bumper

The smaller PIAA lights come with their own separate switch. I didn't install mine myself, but it appears pretty straight-forward. The dude that did the work for me placed my switch on the left handside, kinda behind my steering wheel so you can't even really see it.

s ~
Old 02-05-2008, 03:45 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I have the small PIAA fogs wired directly to my factory switch and have the grill with the fogs deleted because I did not want the air flow to be interfered with when I got the S/C installed for the intercooler to get all the air it could! You can use the switch that Saddleup suggested and have the factory one to control one and the separate one to the second set of fogs. You can also wire them all to the same factory switch but make sure you are careful and wire them up correctly and no shortcuts. If you wire them all together you have to remember that all the fogs will be on when you turn on the factory switch. I would want a choice on which ones turn on and the light from the small extreme white ones is great! (better than the factory halogen headlights).....get HID head lights or Silverstar bulbs or the color temp will vary in comparison to the smaller cervinis PIAA fogs.... JMO but it is real easy to wire from the factory wires...if they are not long enough just splice some extra length to the existing ones and you are set J
Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 AM
brian06eleanor
2nd Gear Member

i have the small piaa. but i had to take them out for the intercooler piping. so if you need them ill sell them lol. but mine were spliced to my headlights
Old 02-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

yeah i think i might just splice them to my headlights aswell i think it will look nice and its not like im going to drive with JUST the PIAA's on by themselves and this way the other fogs r still the same
Old 02-06-2008, 12:32 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I just like having the option of using the fogs or not! If you wire to the headlight you will have them on all the time the headlights on....no big deal just personal preference!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

yeah i got ya.. its just i dont want to rig a switch in the dash somewhere.. cause its extra work (not that im lazy with ANYTHING on my stang)
if i was to do it with another switch i would want it integrated into the switch already there for the fogs and headlights.. but so i have the option to turn each one on seperately and all on at once or what ever combination of the 3... but as it is now i either have all my lights on.. or all of them off.. so it doesn';t matter to me really i mgiht as well wire em to my headlights
Old 02-06-2008, 01:07 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

oh i never noticed that you were missing the lower grill foglights, j. it must've been because your car looks so good it doesn't even need em.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: r3velation

oh i never noticed that you were missing the lower grill foglights, j. it must've been because your car looks so good it doesn't even need em.
haha thank you.. i was conteplating getting a new bumper or not..
Old 02-06-2008, 02:34 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thanks...Cervinis doesn't advertise the fog light delete grill on the website that I know off and I think it looks cleaner and doesn't interfere with the intercooler of the S/C!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: r3velation

[sm=thanx.gif] [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

EDIT: were you talking to me (J) or Allstar? ....LOL

Allstar I see your point

Quick Reply: Those of you with Cervinis eleanor front bumper