Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X plan hook up

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 02:34 PM
mbkowns
1st Gear Member

Default X plan hook up

Could someone please hook me up with a X plan They are for friends and ford encourages you to give them out to people to buy their new cars. So we are one big happy 'friendly' family in these forums so maybe you can help me out.

thanks in advanced

Old 03-29-2005, 02:38 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: X plan hook up

I would offer...but I only get two a year. Used one for the GT, and plan on giving the second to my parents ( they are truck shopping ).

At the dealer I purchased at, they had X plan posters plastered all over the offices, and the fleet manager even commented on how if I didn't have my PIN with me and didn't want to bring it back to the dealer, they could just generate a new one for me ( with no verification of me even being eligable to get one ).
Old 03-29-2005, 02:51 PM
mbkowns
1st Gear Member

Thanks for your help,

I thought A/Z Plan was for the immediate family memebers in your family like mom dad kids etc and no limit. So the X plan is for your buddies or anyone else you decide and they were limited yearly. These are all for new cars only as ford does this to get ford employees to drive ford cars so it sends a message. Its a good idea in my opinion to do things like that. Treat employees well and they will treat you well.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:57 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I don't know the perticulars of the other plans because I cannot get any of them...therefore I have never paid attention to them.
All I know is that I get X plan offered to me through my company, and you get a PIN that you can be used twice a year. If you want to transfer it to someone else, you can do so, bottom line is that it can only be used twice a year. Doesn't matter who it goes to.

As I stated in my return email to you, you might consider checking with the fleet manager of the dealer you are working
with. They could actually offer to get you a PIN. Also, nearly every large company that has any type of rental car connections or fleet purchase connections offers X plan to their employees. I am in telecommunications and my company offers it.

An alternate plan to consider......go through a credit union instead of ford or a bank for your financing. If you have good credit, and can get a descent rate, paying MSRP should not be that big of a deal if you don't have a X plan pin to use because you are going to save quite a bit on the financing. I financed mine through a credit union and got 2.9% financing. It came out to several thousand less than what it would have been had I gone through Ford at the 6% they offered me. That 3% saving in the overall price is actually a thousand or so more than what an X plan price. I just had the good fortune to be able to have the best of both worlds, X plan price, plus a low *** rate through a credit union.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:21 PM
mbkowns
1st Gear Member

hawgman has been very helpful does anyone else have a pin I could please use?

thanks

Old 03-29-2005, 09:24 PM
mbkowns
1st Gear Member