Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vertical Door Install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Triple T
1st Gear Member

Default Vertical Door Install?

Does anyone know of a shop in the Northeast that installs/sells vertical door kits? The NY area would be best. Out of curiousityI spoke withthe guys at Unique but they want nearly $5k for the install!Hoping someone knows a decent place and I don’t just get 20 ricer comments!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Vertical Door Install?

ORIGINAL: Triple T

Does anyone know of a shop in the Northeast that installs/sells vertical door kits? The NY area would be best. Out of curiousityI spoke withthe guys at Unique but they want nearly $5k for the install!Hoping someone knows a decent place and I don’t just get 20 ricer comments!

Hey bud , Damn 5k are you talking about Unigue Whips in LI Ny? I would Try to get a Body shop Locally To do it that knows what thier doing..As for the Ricer Comments you will get them hopfully not but my Opinion Lambo Doors dont Belong on a American muscle car there not civics but that's my .2 you do what you want, hey if it makes you happy go for it!!! [8D][8D]
Old 02-12-2008, 02:52 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I hear Uncle Ben can install lambo doors on your Honda (er..Mustang) and you can add soy sauce as required.
Please don't forget some giant decals and maybe a wing shaped like a park bench.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:57 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

I hear Uncle Ben can install lambo doors on your Honda (er..Mustang) and you can add soy sauce as required.
Please don't forget some giant decals and maybe a wing shaped like a park bench.
You can always count on there being atleast one insecure a** who just can't control themself.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

All he wanted was some help to locate a good shop not to get flamed..............
Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

I will check with a few people I know in that area, they may be able to help. Don't worry about "ricer" comments if they come. Had Ford thought of the idea first and put that out then it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread, they can't be the first to do something always. If it looks good and you like it do it. Most people just say they don't like something because they are afraid to be diffeerent. I have seen them in person on several Stangs new and old and think they look very nice and FYI do not loose one once of HP with that mod lol.

Will shoot you a pm if they come through with the info. I do know it will be not close to 5K!

As to the question why would anyone put these doors on a american car? Because they can and its there car! He clearly does not think it looks ricey as he wants to do it. We now know you don't like it so we won't expect to see them on your car. I don't like T handle shifters, do you think I will go into a thread that asks for help finding them to bash a guy for asking? No, I would skip the thread all together or most likey point him in the right direction anyway because HE ASKED for help. As for leaking? Yes they will leak if you drive around with them up in the rain lol. When they are shut they are regular doors, I have seen them on at least 15 cars and when the door is shut it is just another shut door and you cant tell from looking at it that it has verts on it. Funny to hear people get so angry when a guy ask for help for something he wants to do to his own car.. Sooooo funny, why don't we just beat him up for putting them on his car? Another case of people trying to work other people up into thinking how they think. I would hate more than anything to have 1 million Mustangs riding around on the roads of the USA and for everyone of them to be exactly the same.. No thanks.

A more important question would be Why would someone come to a thread that asks for help just to flame them and not offer any help? Would it not be much easier to read the thread, see that it was not for you and you could not answer his question and move on? Lets see, I can't answer his question, I can't offer and help but i am not going to move on but rather bust his ***** for even asking?? ummmmm, ok.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:02 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

sorry, but that wasnt funny... [sm=boohoo.gif]
...at all

i'm not saying i'd want vertical doors on my mustang, but the koenigsegg is definitely not rice.
for further explanation, please watch this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7NTC4SXiaUo

you can thank me later for educating you.. k, thanks, bye
Old 02-12-2008, 03:07 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Just not quite sure why anyone would want to make an American muscle car look like a riced out Honda from "Fast and Furious". They don't even put those doors on lambos anymore.

I think you will find that most Mustang owner feel that vertical doors are 100% rice - period.
In fact they are the definition of rice - folowed closely by the giant wing.
If you go on a honda forum though I am sure they will draw the envy of ricers everywhere.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:12 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I wonder how many Lamborghini owners have horizontal door kits put on...

Vertical door kits are stupid. Not only do they look stupid, but the doors were not designed to work that way so you'll probably run in to leak problems.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Just not quite sure why anyone would want to make an American muscle car look like a riced out Honda from "Fast and Furious". They don't even put those doors on lambos anymore.

I think you will find that most Mustang owner feel that vertical doors are 100% rice - period.
In fact they are the definition of rice - folowed closely by the giant wing.
If you go on a honda forum though I am sure they will draw the envy of ricers everywhere.

[>:]maybe so but you dont need to flame him or ANYONE just because they like something that you do not.

Quick Reply: Vertical Door Install?