Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Color Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 AM
nubova

Default My Color Installation

Hey guys. Curious if anyone knows how one can go about getting my color installed in an 05 mustang. My car did not come with the option and I would like to get it installed. Has anyone done this before? If so, how much did it cost?

Old 02-18-2008, 10:44 AM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My Color Installation

Yes, It's easy
go to http://www.fordpartsguy.com/. It will cost around $600 shippedwith a $300 core charge. It took me 30mins to install the gagues and buttons. The Part numbers are 5R3Z-10849-GB Gauges at 243.10 and 4R3Z-10D889-AAA for the buttons at $35.50.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:56 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Probably the only option on my car that I get less use out of than the MyColor is the airbags. I played around with the colors when I first got the car, but I always just use the white setting. I guess that's kind of boring. I tried the red, but it took too long for me to see the needle to read my speed because the needle is red too. The green looks pretty cool.

It seems like a very expensive upgrade for what it accomplishes, but, then again, it's buying you some temporary happiness, so hope it goes well.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:06 PM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

you also get the computer. I use that almost every drive, playing around my mpg time and how many mile until empty.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blue 05 Mustang

you also get the computer. I use that almost every drive, playing around my mpg time and how many mile until empty.
i set my mycolor to blue the day i drove it off the lot and i havent changed it since. i do like the 'miles to empty' and'mpg'info though; not a 'must have' but im glad its there.

if i was going to change lighting colors, id like to get rid of the green LEDs everywhere else. but it seems like a bit of a hassle after reading the 'how-to'.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:15 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Oh ok. I do enjoy the display info sometimes. I wasn't aware that it was part of the MyColor package.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:02 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Devil Wolf

ORIGINAL: Blue 05 Mustang

i set my mycolor to blue the day i drove it off the lot and i havent changed it since. i do like the 'miles to empty' and'mpg'info though; not a 'must have' but im glad its there.

if i was going to change lighting colors, id like to get rid of the green LEDs everywhere else. but it seems like a bit of a hassle after reading the 'how-to'.
Just me, but I can't see putting the money and effort there only to have plenty of green still remaining. I like a single color and Ford didn't complete the job with this option... I know... it would have been too expensive.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:08 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i love it i change it almost everytime i get in my car lol now i made a color thats looks black almost its pretty cool
Old 02-18-2008, 07:16 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deekum1627

i love it i change it almost everytime i get in my car lol now i made a color thats looks black almost its pretty cool
Whatever makes ya happy; I was going to order it and would have if all lights changed; that would have been "trick"!! ...enjoy!!
Old 02-19-2008, 03:05 AM
daveyb420
1st Gear Member

for almost a 1000 bux i wouldnt say its worth it. ive messed with mine, i leave mine factory blue or mycolor baby blue. Red is too abrasive, green looks decent, the other colors look like crap imo.
Best feature that I use is the fuel consumption gauge. I like to see my gas savings by micromileaging, alot of neutral lol.
But i understand u wanting it, the explanations of it sounds amazing, in reality, its not so great. I think you can have 256 colors or something, but those are just lighter or darker shades of the basics. purple and orange might sound good, but they arent.

Quick Reply: My Color Installation