Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nebie

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 05:52 AM
Foc_This

Default Nebie

Hey people, name is josh from so cal, and i have converted from chevy to ford, right now i own a 02 focus 5 speed. The focus is alright but now im ready to get into my used to be enemy, the 05 mustang. when i first seen the new 05 stang i was like pontiac trans-WHAT? i have a few questions before i buy one.

1st How much did you get yours for *out the door*
2nd any major problems?
3rd what are your monthly payments and how much is insurance
4th is it worth the money?
and on a scale from 1-10 10 being the best how do you like the car?

like i said im new and im ready to take the leap into a 05 gt..
thank you to all who reply and for you help

Josh
Old 04-04-2005, 11:21 AM
dajohu
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Nebie

Welcome Josh. I used to mainly drive Dodges, so this the first Ford I've have since college over 10 years ago. I have no preferencees to car manufacturer though, if they built a good car and it looks good they have my respect.

Anyway, to answer your questions.

1. I paid MSRP, $28,455 with options if I remember right. Some have paid under MSRP a little or even over MSRP in areas where they are hard to come by.

2. I have had no major problems, my stereo has skipped a few times but I'm not sure if it's a problem or a bad burned disk. It came with the B version of the radio. No gas tank problems here, but I think there was a issue with some of those.

3. My monthly payments won't mean much because I actually took a loan out for much more than what I bought the car for in order to payoff my SRT-4. I only had it 6 months so I took a huge hit.

4. It has been worth every penny. Too bad I made a poor decision with the last car, but I won't let that spoil my new stang. Turns heads everywhere I go, gets good mileage, and has that muscle car look I have always wanted.

I would give it a 10. There's nothing wrong with it in my eyes so there would be no reason to give it anything less.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:54 PM
lexigirl

Josh--I've had my GT for two months.

1. I can't remember the exact number, but I paid just under $$29,000 with every option (inclusing the IUP) but the Shaker 1000 (I have the 500). Keep in mind, I have an auto, which jacks up the price.

2. I have the stereo skipping issue (I have the A version). I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow to see what's up with that. I have had problems filling up only once in two months. I do have the front suspension popping issue, also to be fixed tomorrow at the dealer. Nothing major at all.

3. Monthly payments--$0. Paid cash.

Insurance: about $1,000 a year for three drivers (one a sixteen year old--yeah, paying through the nose for her!) combined with a BMW M3 and a Dodge Durango.

4. The car is hot, fun to drive, smooth, comfortable, fast and turns heads every day. I actually have people standing around looking at it when I come out of the store. I give it an 11. [sm=Awwww.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13203/9EB6053B74704DACB02FFF6B61B9AA3F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-04-2005, 07:53 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I paid $29,940 for mine with every option but red leather, I have dark charcoal instead. I have had no problems with mine other than the CD player skips occasionally. I would give this car a 9 out of 10 only because I would have liked the 5.4 L V8 instead of the 4.6. You know a little extra power and more displacement wouldn't hurt.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Cruz97GT05

I've had my 05 since February and it runs like a champ. I paid 26660 out the door for a Premium GT, mineral grey, 5spd, bullit rims, shaker 500. No IUP but I didn't really want the option. I take it to redline frequently and have no problem drifting the car if I want. While it is very quick, after driving it for a month+ and owning a fox body stang I can see where the computer tune is needed becuase the computer seems to make some decisions that it shouldn't (like when to lower RPMs like on hard Launch). But you can definitley tell it is a solid 13 second runner and has lots of potential, plus it gets tons of looks. I give it an 11, not just for power and style, but for the bang for the buck factor also.