Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rental car for TSB repair?

Old 03-03-2008, 01:52 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Default Rental car for TSB repair?

Does the normal Ford warranty provide for a rental car if the car is in for TSB or warranty repair? What experiences have you had? Thanks.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM
rmssch89
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Rental car for TSB repair?

You would think that they would give you a loaner, especially since it's something they did wrong with the car that they have to fix. They may not pay for a rental but they might give you a dealership loaner car. They did it for my uncle, although it wasn't Ford.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:12 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I agree you might have to pay but it should be made available if needed.....what work are they doing that would require you to need another vehicle?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:23 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

If it takes half a day, they may loan you a car, but for the recent recall, I understand it should take no more than an hour, so in that case they wouldn't loan you one. However, if you need a lift some place I'm sure they would be happy to oblige.

I have5 Fords and 3are on recall.....so far.Two have been taken in with the longest waiting period of 1 1/2 with no loaner. While I'm waiting I usually walk around to check out the new Roush or Shelby's.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

I am taking it in for the Hood (Aluminum Body Panels) Corrosion TSB (06-25-15). My hood has corrosion on the front part of the hood. They told me at the dealer body shop they would need the car for 2 days. They told me to call the 1-800 FORD number to find out if a free rental was covered and they told me "no, unless I had a "special warranty"... - based on my VIN #.

Just checking to see if they are giving me the runaround or if others have had the same experience with warranty/TSB repairs. The car is a 2006 GT with only 4100 miles so still under full warranty. I would think that, since it is known factory piant problem, a free rental would be provided... I know my wife had a warranty issue with her Hyundai Santa Fe after 4 years and they gave her a free rental for 2 days.

Again - just wanted some independent confirmation that this was really Ford's policy.

"Quality is JOB 1" [:-]
Old 03-03-2008, 02:50 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rogan01

I am taking it in for the Hood (Aluminum Body Panels) Corrosion TSB (06-25-15). My hood has corrosion on the front part of the hood. They told me at the dealer body shop they would need the car for 2 days. They told me to call the 1-800 FORD number to find out if a free rental was covered and they told me "no, unless I had a "special warranty"... - based on my VIN #.

Just checking to see if they are giving me the runaround or if others have had the same experience with warranty/TSB repairs. The car is a 2006 GT with only 4100 miles so still under full warranty. I would think that, since it is known factory piant problem, a free rental would be provided... I know my wife had a warranty issue with her Hyundai Santa Fe after 4 years and they gave her a free rental for 2 days.

Again - just wanted some independent confirmation that this was really Ford's policy.

"Quality is JOB 1" [:-]
Now see in that case, they should give you a rental. One time they had to repair some work on my Van where they broke a side skirt so they gave me a rental car free for three days.
Also they had to do some warranty work on another vehicle of mine which took a day, so they gave me a rental car for free.

Is this the dealer from which you bought the car? Try going to another dealer. I drive 25 miles past 3 other Ford dealerships just so I can have the work done on my cars. Because at this particular Ford dealer, they have always taken good care of me. I love the way I walk in and they address me by my first name.....even if I come in on an unscheduled appointment. To me, that's says a lot that they take the time to get to know their customers.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

They are just replacing the hood with a new one....like a 2 hr at most job????
Old 03-03-2008, 04:10 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

The body shop manager took a look when I took it in last week and said they do a"spot repair" - hopefully as described in the TSB. The affected area is not very big and most is under the hood - onlyy about 1/3 inch is visible on the front hood lip. Said they "needed the car" for 2 days. I am assuming not all of that time will be for the repair - just busy I guess...

ORIGINAL: howarmat

They are just replacing the hood with a new one....like a 2 hr at most job????
Old 03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

hmm...well good luck either way
Old 03-03-2008, 05:58 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Thanks - I've got my fingers crossed - I hate to take the car in to the dealer for anything. I'll hopefully post the results and experiencewhen I get it back. I think this is a common problem based on other posts here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rental car for TSB repair?