Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stingers with O/R X-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 11:54 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stingers with O/R X-pipe

I can't handle the loud trumpets from the ORH.

Hey, are the Steeda A/B's made by Borla?

Here's a vid of the Steeda A/B's with Pypes ORX. It sounds good, but you can hear it pop a lot and trumpet some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8-aE...eature=related
Old 03-14-2008, 12:05 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

I can't handle the loud trumpets from the ORH.

Hey, are the Steeda A/B's made by Borla?

Here's a vid of the Steeda A/B's with Pypes ORX. It sounds good, but you can hear it pop a lot and trumpet some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8-aE...eature=related
That does sound really good
Old 03-14-2008, 12:12 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PiggySmallz

id say the borlas are just deeper. Honestly I was next to a friend who has ARH longtubes, O/R H and Mac axle backs. My prochamber and stingers were just as loud, he did have resonators installed though
I dunno about that onethe video says it all. you can feel how deep the first car is with the macs + o/r h. nothing is deeper then the macs for our cars.

Im just going off of what you said about the pro chamber not been as loud as the o/r h and it must be because of your buddys resonators if your car was just as loud cause with just a o/r h comparing the 2 set ups the borlas almost sound like they are catted compared to the macs how deep and loud they are.

The car before the roushwith the stock cats and borlasyou can hear the owner even saying rev it more cause he was like dam man it sounds so quiet.

I do think they sound good but they arent as deep or as loud as people think once you line them up beside a few diff set ups. The last car with just flows and stock mid pipe was as loud as the borlas with o/r h.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:29 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I'm not really looking for more volume. I'm looking for a deep, thumping exhaust note.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:46 AM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

I don't know tombstang, I disagree with the Macs being deep. Most chambered mufflers on these cars aren't too deep with an offroad pipe. In fact you can hear it get a little raspy between your shifts. I don't like that in an exhaust. The stingers do not have that at all. I've also been next to other set ups with o/r pipes including pypes mid muffler, magnapacks, flows and they aren't much louder than my car. Maybe the guy with o/r H did have the same borlas. I don't know if the roush tips or baffles are any different than the standard borlas. I'll be honest and say when I get to about 5500 the exhaust doesn't really get any louder. When I let off the accelerator I also don't get any trumpeting, popping or rasp.

I love that o/r x and steedas, I wish my borlas popped like that. The guy used to have a mac catback and off road prochamber on his new edge, sounded amazing For now, I'd say WarMachine should go with the bassani x with high flow cats. If it's not cutting it, move onto a prochamber, if you feel it's too loud then add some high flow cats
Old 03-14-2008, 11:44 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Hey, guys, you are doing a great job on this thread. I appreciate it.

I'm waiting for Piggy's new prochamber/stinger vids before making any decisions.

I saw a vid last night of a catted prochamber with stingers on a new edge, and it sounded great. But, of course, it will sound different on our 3v's.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:02 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

Hey, guys, you are doing a great job on this thread. I appreciate it.

I'm waiting for Piggy's new prochamber/stinger vids before making any decisions.

I saw a vid last night of a catted prochamber with stingers on a new edge, and it sounded great. But, of course, it will sound different on our 3v's.
it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. Sunday seems like it will be ok, I'll take them on sunday for sure. We have a local meet, so I'll have a friend record my car going by him and a few in the parking lot and a little stuff goin down the street
Old 03-14-2008, 05:33 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Sounds fantastic! ....or I should say I hope it sounds fantastic!

According to one video I saw, the Steeda exhaust is not made by Borla. In fact, I saw a vid of the guy's car before he put on the ORX, and the exhaust popped a lot. Here it is....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W01Ng-mI23Y

In the meantime, here is the new edge with catted prochamber and stingers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fybZt0BCACY

Old 03-14-2008, 06:59 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PiggySmallz

I don't know tombstang, I disagree with the Macs being deep. Most chambered mufflers on these cars aren't too deep with an offroad pipe. In fact you can hear it get a little raspy between your shifts. I don't like that in an exhaust. The stingers do not have that at all. I've also been next to other set ups with o/r pipes including pypes mid muffler, magnapacks, flows and they aren't much louder than my car. Maybe the guy with o/r H did have the same borlas. I don't know if the roush tips or baffles are any different than the standard borlas. I'll be honest and say when I get to about 5500 the exhaust doesn't really get any louder. When I let off the accelerator I also don't get any trumpeting, popping or rasp.

I love that o/r x and steedas, I wish my borlas popped like that. The guy used to have a mac catback and off road prochamber on his new edge, sounded amazing For now, I'd say WarMachine should go with the bassani x with high flow cats. If it's not cutting it, move onto a prochamber, if you feel it's too loud then add some high flow cats
ya I agree with you they do get a lil raspy in between shifts but they are still deeper then the borlas though, the deepness you can feel through out the ground from 50 feet away when pulling away or pulling up, and the roush with the borlas does the same raspy noise as the macs its just not as loud thus for not as noticable.His car is automatic so the shifts arediff andseem less raspy but I imagine if it wasnt a auto it would be very similar. I have been around the car enough and seen him get on it and take off and there is a very similar rasp.It maybe a diff kind of deep but there is alot more bass in the macs then the borlas.

Idont think the tips make any diff in the sound, he actually said if anything it made them deeper but i duno how true it is I never heared the car with the reg tips.

either way warmachine I dont think you can go wrong with the catted x and like piggy said if that dont work out for ya go for the pro chamber.I was anti x pipe before but not no more. all I read on here was dont do a x they sound liek crap, but seems like alot of peeps are going to the x now over the h.

"In fact, I saw a vid of the guy's car before he put on the ORX, and the exhaust popped a lot. Here it is.... " My exhaust popped alot more with my o/r h set up also then I added my x and it still pops but not even half as much, I think alot of the hate for the x pipe on the forum was just cause it was run with the wrong set ups then everybody jumped on the bandwagon.

be sure to get us some clips
Old 03-14-2008, 07:07 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Thanks Tomb. I agree that the MAC's sound deeper than the stingers. It's a different level of sound. The stingers seem to "growl", while the MAC's seem to "groan". However, the stinger growl increases with throttle, but the MAC groan seems to soften with throttle. The stingers also have the smooth tone I like.

Quick Reply: Stingers with O/R X-pipe