Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #41
thewhitev6

Vehicle: 2001, ford, mustang
austinmross

im new to this so not really sure what im doing, but ive been wondering for a while, could i get a newer model key with the FOB built into it and get it programmed for a late '01?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
thewhitev6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #42
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

I have looked at the key / transmitter combo, but I carry two keys to any vehicle I drive, always a spare on hand .... even those with key pads. 31 years plus as a Trooper getting calls to rest areas and such for people locked out, a few times a buddy got locked out (not same buddy twice) and so I developed my habit. As to my police cars, always had a third key attached to car in secret spot.

Having the key fob transmitter made as one with the key never looked like a "great idea" to me, I can think of several reasons why not to.

Since acquiring my first Ford with the keyless pad, I have always gone to Ebay and same seller to buy my extra keys and transmitters and always done my own programming with car / truck. I also have insisted on minimum 2 keys and a transmitter at purchase.

I can do the rest of what I want after getting key blanks cut locally and tested for fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsbill View Post
I bought 2 extra key fobs when I bought my car, I now have 4 total, you can program up to 6, I also installed this.
Click the image to open in full size.

punch in a 5 digit code and your doors unlock, within 3 seconds push the 5/6 button and you trunk unlocks.
OK .... hadn't considered this!

I have both a '92 and '95 T-bird, a '01 Mercury and a '07 FX4 that all have the door mounted wired key pad and I do like it (I also have the number written with Sharpie in some secret spot in case I forget one momentarily and need it .... usually I'm using the keypad most when parked at home and I'm just getting something and left keys to that one in house) .
I was a wee bit disappointed that the 2008 Mustang GT we bought in June didn't have it, but the price and low miles and color and condition were superb ....
.... and today I see this thread / picture?

I'll order one this week, I like inside the gas door.

Last edited by tbear853; 10-06-2013 at 11:45 AM.
tbear853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #43
Nunja Business
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT/CS

I got the switchblade fob with blank on eBay for about $20 and got it cut for $5 and programmed myself. Works perfectly!
Nunja Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #44
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009, Ford, Mustang

This is something I will need to do soon and would much rather have a key with buttons on it than a FOB. My plastic where it clips onto my keychain is breaking (it's two loops and one loop is gone).

14" Front/Rear Brakes, Koni STR.T, Eibach Sportline Springs, Steeda HD C/C mounts, Fays2 Watt's Link, UMI 1049 Front-end Links, Steeda Billet LCA-roto/urethane, BMR LCA Reloc. Brackets, Steeda Adj. UCA, Steeda 3rd-link rotobush, SS Brake lines/DOT4, synthetic fluid swap, Stack Racing front strut brace, Roush CAI, Brenspeed 93oct tune street/track, Steeda Ultra-lite 18x9.5, Hawk HPS brake pads, A49 brake ducting
gmoran1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #45
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Can somebody post the key fob programming directions. My car bought used did not come with a manual.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #46
Art161
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoran1469 View Post
This is something I will need to do soon and would much rather have a key with buttons on it than a FOB. My plastic where it clips onto my keychain is breaking (it's two loops and one loop is gone).
www.thejacketstore.com
Rear Spoiler Delete
Interior Sport Appearance Package
MGW EJECT Power Point Plug

The more you know, the less you don't know.
Art161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #47
Art161
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808muscle View Post
Can somebody post the key fob programming directions. My car bought used did not come with a manual.
This is for 2007--hope yours is the same.

Ensure the brake pedal is not depressed during this sequence.

1. Ensure the vehicle is electronically unlocked.

2. Put the key in the ignition.

3. Cycle eight times rapidly (within 10 seconds) between the OFF/LOCK position and the ON position. Don't confuse ON with ACCESSORY. ON is two positions clockwise from OFF/LOCK.

The eighth turn must end in the ON position. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been activated.

4. Within 20 seconds press any button on the remote entry transmitter. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that this remote entry transmitter has been programmed.

5. Repeat Step 4 to program each additional remote entry transmitter.

6. Turn the ignition to the OFF/LOCK position after you have finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters. After 20 seconds, you will automatically exit the programming mode. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been exited.
Rear Spoiler Delete
Interior Sport Appearance Package
MGW EJECT Power Point Plug

The more you know, the less you don't know.
Art161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #48
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Thank you Art. I will try it.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #49
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Fobs

Look on EBAY or a web site called iKeyless. Not that expensive, and you can program them yourself IF you have 2 working keys.
18" "Fanblade Wheels"
CORSA Performance exhaust
Brenspeed 87 octane performance tune
MGW Shifter
Goldenpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:25 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, 2008, billet, built, cobra, doors, fl, fob, fobs, ford, gt, installed, key, mustang, orlando, replaced, reprogram