Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling the GT...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Selling the GT...

a few errors in the advice here.

First, never use the EXCELLENT check box for estimating the price of the car. It it has more than 3000 miles no car qualifies as excellent. Use the 2nd box... GOOD i think.

Also, with all those work-intensive mods he did NOT get ripped off if he had a professional install them! They get paid $80/hr here. I know they don't get paid minimum wage even in the sticks! Not all of us have the time or skills to install anything more than a new air filter.

A dealer appraisal will be the lowest price there is. They take low blue book and then deduct $2000-3000 from that. Look on the Internet for all the used Mustangs for sale in your area and compare prices. Maybe you'll want to ask the same as a used stock GT at a dealers and the buyer will basically be getting all those mods for free.
Or you can just spend more, turn it into a show car and hope you find that one person who must have it!

Old 03-23-2008, 01:48 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

Around here you would probably be able to sell it privatly for about $17k. That is as long as it is in great shape, but the 30k miles will kill it for some people, when there are others in the same price range with 5k miles on them. Good luck if you decide to sell it though.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:13 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

How would I go about getting my stock parts back? How expensive would it be returning it to stock? That means getting rid of the long-tubes, axle-back, intake, motor mounts, UDPs, gears (**** the gears, I wont tell em), short shifter, and the rear suspension parts.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

Its pretty easy to tell the difference between 4.10 gears and 3.31-3.55s lol...
Old 03-23-2008, 02:51 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black05StangGT

Its pretty easy to tell the difference between 4.10 gears and 3.31-3.55s lol...
You'd be surprised...lol
Old 03-23-2008, 03:03 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

Personally if you have to buy back stock parts to return to stock your cutting into your return on sellingthe modded parts and thats not including if you pay someone again to change it back to stock. I don't really think it would be worth it. You should have kept all the stock parts but we don't always look down the road at resale time. Personally if you decideto go that routeI would only change the bolt on stuff and only what you can do yourself but not the gears.You should weigh the costs involved to return to stock andthen selling the used modded parts and you'll probably find out you might as well tradeit as it is.The only way youMAYget backSOME of what your mods cost youis if you sell it yourself.

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

How would I go about getting my stock parts back? How expensive would it be returning it to stock? That means getting rid of the long-tubes, axle-back, intake, motor mounts, UDPs, gears (**** the gears, I wont tell em), short shifter, and the rear suspension parts.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:18 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

Good Luck
Old 03-23-2008, 03:21 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

do you think it would be worth it to sell the CDC chin spoiler and the louvers?
Old 03-23-2008, 03:25 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Depending on the dealer I'd leave all the looker mods and sell all the gofast stuff. If you're not mechanically inclined leave it alone and cut your losses. If you're going from a stang to a "benz" then why worry about the pinching of pennies and the return of investment?
Old 03-23-2008, 03:28 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

Everything isworthsomethingjust a matter of choice if you want to do it for what your going to get out of it. But like everyone else says if you can afford a Benz and also could afford to spend that kinda money to mod the stang why pinch pennies now.
ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

do you think it would be worth it to sell the CDC chin spoiler and the louvers?

Quick Reply: Selling the GT...