Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do i beat the beamer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 02:33 PM
bcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default how do i beat the beamer?

hey guys, ok so i have moved to vancouver bc. its been a while since my last post because i havent had a computer hooked up for a few months. anyways, now that im here my cousin and i were hanging out and he introduced me to one of his buddies. the guys dad is rich and bought him a 06 bmw m3 and a z4-m! anyways, he is in an autocross club and said i should join. they have events every 2 or 3 weeks. it sounds like a lot of fun but he kept laughing at my mustang saying i dont stand a chance. i know autocross is about handling, and that his beamers handle way better than my stang. is there any way i can improve the handling on my car enough to keep up with his beamers, but still be able to drive my car without feeling like my teeth are being knocked out everytime i hit a pothole?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:35 PM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: how do i beat the beamer?

how do i beat the beamer?
Same way Jack Nicholson would.... with a 9 iron.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:38 PM
bcstang
2nd Gear Member

lol. indeed, but seriously, this guy is a pompous *** and i would love to be able to go out there and show him his 80g beamer isnt so hot after all. but of course i dont want to sacrifice too much ride quality, i did that in my fox body and it rattled the whole car apart after a few years of an overly stiff suspension.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:38 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Griggs Racing
Old 03-25-2008, 02:45 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

Ditch the 20in wheels when you auto cross. Get some light weight 17x9 cobra R rims and some 275/40/17 Kumho Ecsta MX tires on all around. Get some better shocks, either D-specs or preferably Koni adj and some decent springs, and slap in some Hawk HPS pads and better brake fluid and SS lines. That will keep you on the heels on the bimmer and if you can drive you should be ahead. Pompus a**holes tend to not know how to drive.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:46 PM
ShadowWulf
2nd Gear Member

Auto-X isn't really about the cars, as it's about the drivers. If he has more experience, andyou have none,you don't stand a chance, regardless of what you're driving.

I wish you the best of luck, though.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
tlpvt
2nd Gear Member

get driving lessons from someone with experience. seriously, IMHO 75% to itis driver skills. m3 beemer indeeddoes handle better, but it is not THAT much better than a stock GT. it's not drag racing which is more about $$$ thrown in the car, i bet a good/pro aotocrossdriver in mustang will beat any rich kid in his daddy's m3 [8D]JMO
Old 03-25-2008, 03:10 PM
wahooo

i own a BMW and a gt-h and boxter the bmw is loser then the gt-h ,the gt-h handles a lot tighter and yes my teath rattel but i love the car ,hand down the toughest ride is the boxter it rides like a go-kart ,no speed but slalom it is a beast's ,you will have to judge how well your fillings are installed then tighten that girl up ,and yes is you have no experience and he does he will beat you in a mini van (?) that could be a little much
Old 03-25-2008, 03:26 PM
htvsean1
1st Gear Member

Like others have said auto-xing is mostly driving skill. Once you learn the skills needed then you will know what mods need to be made to the car. On a positive note I have seen more thana few mustangs with a good driver out run many b'mers with rich kids in them.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:38 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

To put it bluntly....... You're toast.

First of all, you won't have much skills until your third or fourth time.

Once you have skills... The stang won't have what it takes to hang in the auto-x with those cars, especially the M3. The stang would have a hard enough time in a straight line with the M3, even a harder time in the twisties. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try, but just do it for fun, not for competition with your friend, or you'll be sorely disappointed.

Try your hardest and hope, since hes human, that he slips or spins etc.

Quick Reply: how do i beat the beamer?