Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buybacks?????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 07:33 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Buybacks?????????

Good to hear it! hope all goes well for you from here on out
Old 04-21-2005, 08:09 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

Ok, 1st- loud grinding/meshing metal noise from rear end (went away and couldn't duplicate)
2nd- clunky drive train (I know it's normal but damn)
3rd- missing bolts (dealer fixed this)
4th-repaced shaker 3x (still no backlighting)
5th- climate control system blows out of defroster when set on floor only
6th- Oil leak from crank position bolt (replaced bolt and added gasket...hmmm)
7th- pealing paint from left rear quarter (too scared to have body shop paint whole bumper)
8th- now they say I need my lifters (I know their not called lifters on the mod v8)replaced to take care of loud ticking noise, something about a valve thats not opening??????
9th- slow fill up problem 2x (dealer said they have to duplicate it)

This on a car that has 1400 mi on it today.

I've had my predator and c&l intake for two weeks now and can't put it on because the car is in the shop all the time. Some of you may have had more problems/some of you less, but right now I want my money back or my car replaced. I know thats wishful thinking but I wanted the info on buybacks anyway. Hey, you never know.
Rear end noise there is a TSB out on. They should not be giving you grief on it. Call a Ford rep. Same with the slow fill up. My dealer didn't even question it. I walked in with the TSB, he acknoledged the issue, ordered the part, a week later they replaced the fuel tank. No problems since.
As for the climate control and the motor, once again, I would be all over that Ford rep like white girls on NBA players.

The Shaker1000 .... man....I kinda feel your pain. I am on my 4th one.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:07 PM
ohioponycar

On extended warranty.......when I bought my V6 a month ago, I called my insurance company to get set up, they offered me a 7 year, 100,000 mile extended warranty, with a $250 deductible, for only $29.95 every six months. The insurance company, GEICO. Its valid on new car purchases for cars with less than 15,000 miles (so covers demo's). The dealership could not even come close to this.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:40 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

My dealer told me there is recall that either has been or will be issued to replace the filler necks leading to the tank - the faulty part causing slow fill ups and even not triggering the pump to shut off when full. Anybody else heard of this recall?

They haven't replaced mine yet on my new Saleen, and after my first experience with Service I'm not going to let them. I took my car in for a few problems to be fixed, and it came back with 3 other issues! Its like these guys climb in the d*mn thing with no regard for Collectors Value, and scratch the sh*t out of plastic parts of the interior!!! I've had the center console, kick plate, and entire door panel replaced. Now they have to replace the moldings under the windshield wipers because whatever the dumb-a** used to wash it or dry it scratched the h*ll out of those!! How do you scratch those?!?!

Sorry, got off on a tangent! I've just lost all confidence in ANYBODY servicing my car but me!

Old 04-22-2005, 10:24 AM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

Hey everyone,
Got my car back yesterday and the parts for the engine are still on order, but they fixed the radio right this time and re-detailed the front fender which looks pretty good now. After my original post I was pretty hot, so I went to the dealer and had a talk with the service manager who was sympathetic to my situation. No, he didn't go for the buyback thing, but I said I would at least need an extended warranty. He called me back two days ago and said Ford agreed to a free seven year 70K mi warranty. I am very pleased with that and I am certainly more comfortable with the vehicle now. I will also let everyone know the technical stuff on the "lifter" problem after I get the work done so you all can watch out for the same thing. I've heard a lot of people say their car makes the loud intermitent ticking noise so hopefully it will help.
Dave, read my post on 05 GT "on sick leave". I got the same free extended warranty. Also I have found when dealing with the radio issue, you need to talk to the mechanic first hand. My dealer had never heard of the software code that needs to be transfered from radio to radio to get the back lights to work. Go to the tech help forum and print the TSB on the radio and take it to the mechanic. My mechanic said he did not know the 3 and 6 radio button self check showed the serial number of the radio. He did verify through the radio vendor that their is a "B" version radio but he did not know that the radio could tell him if it is a B version or not. He said because this is the first year Ford has gone to this type of radio software that not many mechanics know about it. You have to be dead in their @ss to make sure they do the PMI on the radio. Also make sure they do not pry up on your console with screw drivers like they did mine. They also scratched the sh*t out of my "E" brake handle covers putting the console back in. All of this was ordered new by the dealer so I will inspect when I get my car back. I did not know how long my extended warranty would be for so I hope it is like yours. Good luck and stay on them.