Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trufiber hood question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Default Trufiber hood question

As I've said before, I am pretty much gonna do the GT500 front end upgrade including the Trufiber hood when money allows. One question though...

I was up at a local ford dealer who has a mustang package they call the "phantom". The hood was similar to the KR, so I went and took a closer look at it. What I did notice was that they hadnt drilled the hood for "winshield sprayers". They had something I think they called "nozzles" or something similar sounding that poked out just past the underside edge of the hood nearest to the winshield that sprayed onto it. I noticed that mellowyellow doesnt have anything showing on his hood either that I would assume is the sprayers.

For the Trufiber hood Venom guys.....did you all do something like that or just disable it completely and not have sprayers? I'd love to see some pics up near the edge of your hoods by the winshield and the underside of the hood if you all ran something to take over for the sprayers.

Much appreciated if anyone can show me what they did.

Andretti
Old 04-01-2008, 01:16 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Trufiber hood question

CDC has a kit for the nozzles to be relocated to the wipers. You can also do it yourself w/ atee, hose and squirt nozzles from an explorer rear wiper arm. Dont buy a kit from the dealer, phantom, menace, viper, sinister, yeah they are all cool scary names but are all B.S. Go to my thread on page 14. Its all there, how-to install and parts list and you can always call me. Im more than willing to help. When you want your hood, call me and Ill put you in touch w/ the right people for the hood.

Joe
Old 04-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

hehe...thanks for the answer so fast mellow. I just figured i'd post the question instead of constantly pestering you with pm's.

your answer makes sense. I was just caught off guard when I noticed, since I really hadnt put much thought into how someone installing the hood might do it.

Thanks.

Andretti
Old 04-01-2008, 01:19 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Here you go. I hope this will help you with your dilemma

I got the CDC relocation kit after I got my hood. I did not want to destroy my hood with the ugly nozzles so I got the kit. Did not like the way it sprayed so I found some nozzles from Ford for a factory look and fit. Part#'s for the nozzles is F87Z17603AA. You gotta get 2, obviously.

With some research I found these and a write up to install, if you dont want to buy the kit.

You just have to buy a tee and 5 or 6 feet of hose to make everything work. Not only does it work but its actually better than the stock Mustang's because the spray from the nozzles hit the windshield directly instead of flying over the top of the roof like the stock Mustangs do.

Install Procedure
1. Locate washer hose under the hood mat and cut it.
2. remove both wiper arms.
3. remove the hood cowl, lifts off.
4. Add a tee to the supply line.
5. Run the extra hose you bought from Auto Zone in the cowl trough.
6. Bring both hoses through the wiper arm openings of the cowl.
7. Put everything back on except the wiper arms.
8. Fish the hoses through the spring of the backside of the wiper arms, fill the casting pocket of the back side of the wiper arms with silicone, push the hose into the silicone filled pocket and secure with a zip tie until dry, its Okay to move on to step 9 and 10.
9. reattach the wiper arms.
10. Slip nozzles onto the wiper arm and cut hose to length and attach.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Dang mellow. Thanks! that was really fast. Glad your on this board and so freaking helpful. I'm feeling better and better about being able to do this mod with all you experts.

Andretti
Old 04-01-2008, 01:24 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Good luck on your conversion the end result is always awesome. It's a pretty easy conversion to do.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Post pics of your progress!
Old 04-01-2008, 02:55 PM
GTStang07
2nd Gear Member

Keep posting your progress. I am also going to go for that GT500KR look just dont have the money right now. I have to save up a little more bc i want the HID from the GT500. Well good luck on your conversation dont forget to keep us posted it helps everyone out!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:19 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTStang07

Keep posting your progress. I am also going to go for that GT500KR look just dont have the money right now. I have to save up a little more bc i want the HID from the GT500. Well good luck on your conversation dont forget to keep us posted it helps everyone out!!!
pm sent
Old 04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Joe, 'tell you... You're DA man.
Very helpful guy to have around.