Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

paintless dent removal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:13 PM
bcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default paintless dent removal?

hey guys, i have a question. i walked out to the car yesterday and found a dent over my back right side wheel well. i took it in and the guy at the shop said it would be 500 bucks to knock out the dent and repaint the panel. should i do that? or have any of you guys tried paintless dent removal, whats involved in it and does it really work?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:15 PM
RojoDojo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: paintless dent removal?

Send me a pic of the dent, straight shot, and one from the side with a light reflection right on the dent if you can. I'll let you know what I think. Paintless dent repair = the ****! :-D
Old 04-08-2008, 01:54 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

PDR is so worth it IMO. I have had 5 taken out but they were all real small and I had no idea two of them were there in the first place. I park 10 miles away from anything and still end up **** like this. Get a guy with atleast 10-15years experience and you will never know where it was. However some of the crappy pdr guys you will notice where it was before still.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:18 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

I had it done...works great. You should watch how they do it. Even if it's a small
dent...the metal is still streched...so the trick is to shrink the metal without causing
the paint to flake/crack.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

I've had it done before and its definately worth a shot... see what they can do for ya
Old 04-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

Most any dent can be successfully removed by PDR if the paint isn't broken.The methodis so vastly superior to conventional body repair that it should always be one's first choice.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:44 PM
harryalb2

I have one on speed-dial. On the back panel, he just drilled a hole inside the door area behind the weather stripping to reach the ding, fixed the ding, then plugged the hole with a rubber stopper. Does amazing work without the expense of painting etc.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:49 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I had three small dents in a row fixed that way, and you couldn't even tell they were ever there.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
pnandy
2nd Gear Member

ok I want to get this done to but i have a scratch on the inside of the dent i was thinking of using a paint pen and doing all the stuff required with that and then have the paintless dent removal guys do there thing anyone see any problems with this?
Old 04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

I have a dent i haven't fixed yet because the quote i got was over $800. It's actually two dents on the right rear quater panel right before the wheel well. One of them is on the crease of the panel and i was told because of that i can't get the PDR. Is this true? They said they would have to remove my window and louver, remove the panel, get the dents out and then repaint. This was from the dealer.

Quick Reply: paintless dent removal?