Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firebird wants to race

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Mustangdude75

Default Firebird wants to race

Here is what happened to me saturday night. I was sitting in my car 2005 Gt at a wawa on 295 in jersey. A firebird pulls up guns his motor and i gun mine. He gets out of the car comes over to my car and challenges me to a race. I said ok so we leave the wawa with him leading the way. We proceed to the on ramp with him in front of me. As soon as we get on the interstate he takes off going over 100 mph. He was already ahead of me getting on the highway. I thought once he got on the road he would wait on me to get side by side with him and roll. I didn't know i was playing follow the leader. What a dumb#ss. I don't know about you guys but where i'm from that is not a race.

05 Gt
Sonic Blue
Chrome Bullits
Old 04-17-2005, 11:12 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Firebird wants to race

well i guess you can say he won.... THE DUMB *** AWARD WHAT A STROKE.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

Those firebirds are pretty quick, their like camaro's, except their 5.6l instead of 5.7 but they have the same h.p. so if you dont have any mods he woulda won anyway....
Old 04-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Mustangdude75

Well i knew he had more than me but i was going to race him anyway. I never back down from a race. I just didn't know i was going to play follow the leader. If he was trying to show how fast he could go well whoopee, there is a lot of performance cars with 300 ++ horses under the hood that can go 120 to 140 mph. That is the top speed for most sports cars except a few.. 0 to 60 and the 1/4 mile is the most important races to me.

05 Gt
Sonic Blue
Chrome Bullits
Old 04-17-2005, 11:58 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Jimmz

Those firebirds are pretty quick, their like camaro's, except their 5.6l instead of 5.7 but they have the same h.p. so if you dont have any mods he woulda won anyway....
They are all 5.6s really. Chevy calls them 5.7s but they are 346 C.I.D. which makes them all 5.6s. The engine in the Camaro is the same as the Firebird.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:49 AM
dajohu
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimmz

Hmmm, tell that to both the firebird and camaro I left in my dust within the last month. I didn't know what they had under the hood, or even what year they were, just that they were newer (<5 yrs old I would guess). I thought they could have either V6's or V8's like stangs? If not I feel even better for smoking thier ***, several times in a row I might add.

Funny thing is I get people wanting to race me all the time, even when I'm just on the way to the store, and I never had people want to race me in my SRT4.

I still have not lost yet, but I wish I would. That would mean at least I raced either a better driver or quicker car or both (or that I screwed up[&:])
Old 04-18-2005, 02:26 AM
FuzzyRag
1st Gear Member

chances are it was a v6, the v8s are damn fast.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:18 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

I was up in Northern California yesterday. Hilly back roads. I ended up behind a Corvette. I stayed on him. He made some time, made some corners, I stayed on him. He pulled into the slow side in one of the passing lane areas. Waved me by. I passed him. I made some time. Every once in awhile when I got behind a slower ride, the Vette caught up. When we finally went through a small town, he gave me a freindly wave and departed.

Logged 300 miles yesterday. Love my Screaming Yellow GT. 2.5k on the odo now.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:15 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: Mustangdude75

Well i knew he had more than me but i was going to race him anyway. I never back down from a race. I just didn't know i was going to play follow the leader. If he was trying to show how fast he could go well whoopee, there is a lot of performance cars with 300 ++ horses under the hood that can go 120 to 140 mph. That is the top speed for most sports cars except a few.. 0 to 60 and the 1/4 mile is the most important races to me.

05 Gt
Sonic Blue
Chrome Bullits
Camaros and Firebirds run low 13's stock and will top out 160+mph. Just alittle info for you.BTW the guy you ran was a tool, I not consider it a race.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:20 PM
DuBaI
1st Gear Member

today i raced a comaro v8 .. and it was moded.. K&N , flp headers, catback ..
and i got my *** handed out to me ... he was damn .. quick..

Quick Reply: Firebird wants to race